Thread: Need mechanic recommendation for Atlanta GA area for 84 Dodge 600 2.2L turbo

Mitsu booster

Need mechanic recommendation for Atlanta GA area for 84 Dodge 600 2.2L turbo

Help. I have a 1984 Dodge 600 2.2L turbo that I purchased new in 84. I have tried several auto repair shops south of Atlanta (I'm in Fayetteville) with no success. I am seeking a qualified mechanic that has experience with the Turbo I cars. I am not looking for a deal. I need a mechanic that can help me keep this car on the road another twenty years.

Hybrid booster

Re: Need mechanic recommendation for Atlanta GA area for 84 Dodge 600 2.2L turbo

What kind of work are you needing done?

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Re: Need mechanic recommendation for Atlanta GA area for 84 Dodge 600 2.2L turbo

I'm a few hours away in SC, but I am pretty good at working on them. What do you need done?
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    I'm a few hours away in SC, but I am pretty good at working on them. What do you need done?

Yes!

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Mitsu booster

I work in Peachtree City. I'm looking for the same thing. If someone here knows of a person here in the Atlanta area who has a passion for these cars like we do and is willing to do some diagnostics / mechanical work, let us know... I've got the typical vacuum / sensor issues that need corrected.

Mitsu booster

Hi, I am in Smyrna, near S. Cobb Drive and Wendy Hill. I own several turbo Dodge cars, I have been working on them since they were new in 1984 when I bought my first turboZ. Currently own an 89 CSX, and 86 GLHS and just bought an 88 Daytona Z. I spend most my online time on 'the other' site where I am a 'gear head' and level 4 supporter. Have posted many many FAQs and have been a very active member for a long time/years. Be glad to work on your car and help you out as needed. Just PM me with your needs, I've got all the tools needed for simple things like brakes all the way up to full engine and transmission rebuilds. Just PM me or give me a personal call. 910-232-0172 (still have my old North Carolina phone/cell number) /Steven Seale (ILIKESHELBYS member name on all sites)

Mitsu booster

Thanks everyone for the responses. I have sent a message to ILIKESHELBYS as he is close by and the car wont go faster than 35MPH since being serviced by a local auto shop. I will reach out to the other respondents if this doesn't work out.

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by ILIKESHELBYS View Post
    Hi, I am in Smyrna, near S. Cobb Drive and Wendy Hill. I own several turbo Dodge cars, I have been working on them since they were new in 1984 when I bought my first turboZ. Currently own an 89 CSX, and 86 GLHS and just bought an 88 Daytona Z. I spend most my online time on 'the other' site where I am a 'gear head' and level 4 supporter. Have posted many many FAQs and have been a very active member for a long time/years. Be glad to work on your car and help you out as needed. Just PM me with your needs, I've got all the tools needed for simple things like brakes all the way up to full engine and transmission rebuilds. Just PM me or give me a personal call. 910-232-0172 (still have my old North Carolina phone/cell number) /Steven Seale (ILIKESHELBYS member name on all sites)
    Is this the Steven that I knew as Metamaster?

Mitsu booster

The car is running reliably finally after ILKESHELBYS went thru the car. Many thank.