Hello all,

Well I have a 89' CSX. VNT car. A while back I saw a 88 CSX at a junkyard and went to check it out. That CSX was actually in good shape but it had been stripped of drivetrain and anything that said "Shelby" on it. Anyways, in the trunk I found a great stock intake tube (way better than my duct taped tube) and a K&N filter, sweet! Scored a cold air intake for $3.50! I came home and cleaned up the super dirty filter and oiled it properly. I got some PCV pipe and made some tubes to connect it all.

This is where the question comes. My stock air box does not have a BOV anywhere on it. From the intercooler to the TB it is a straight shot. and from the intake to the Turbo, also a straight shot. From my understanding, the VNT has a integrated BOV or waste-gate and closes/opens the vanes inside to adjust the pressure? I fabbed up the intake and slapped it on and took it for a drive. I was amazed, the little turbo is pretty loud and the BOV noise I am hearing is also decent. I was happy. From what I saw, it appeared that I didn't need a BOV. However, do I actually need one? O r could I benefit from one?

TL;DR: Do VNT car's need BOVs?

Pics of final intake setup:

And the stock air box: