Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: mptune / mpscan update

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: mptune / mpscan update

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    Look for it near the bottom of the list. I'm guessing since it is an add onto the ecu, it just shows up after the normal list order.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    new gauges are always added at the end of the list. however, when you bring up a settings/layout file you can always double click on the column heading and it will sort alphabetically. i probably could add a feature to "remember" the last sort order for a file.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    what version does it say you are running? i shut down my ftp server so you may be running an old version.

Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

I see it on this laptop, just not on the other. I'll try an update again and see where that leads me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-mpscan.png 
Views:	75 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	57977  
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    I have the exe error and haven't experienced any issues with it running, although I haven't run it that long. I did want to ask, where is the 3BAR variable? It's not available when setting up the gauges, only the MAP variable.
    I'm on a SMEC, but the ram location number for MAP, MAP3BAR, and MAP4BAR all show to be 099 when i add the gauge in MPScandroid.

Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

I see it on this laptop, just not on the other. I'll try an update again and see where that leads me.
    jon - a workaround would be to go into the directory shown and just rename the mpsuitedupdater.exe.mpnew to mpsuiteupdater.exe (i.e. drop off the .mpnew part)

I'm on a SMEC, but the ram location number for MAP, MAP3BAR, and MAP4BAR all show to be 099 when i add the gauge in MPScandroid.

the various map gauges are as wheming posted. make sure you have downloaded the most current versions of the layout files, esp the gauge and xref files. if your version is old enough they may not be in there.

At the current version of 2.0.3.4 and I do not have any option for 3 bar MAP anywhere I can find. I have done 4 updates and 3 clean installations all before that, nothing showing anywhere. I have MAP, MAPCORWG, MAPINC and MAPV. Everything is in alphabetical order and for the LM settings I do not see the 3 bar map anywhere. I downloaded the files from the other thread and made sure I had the program updated and then went in and created a layout and profile. I can pull files from the other computer and see if I can update it that way, but not sure what is going on that won't allow me to see that option.

Looking at the files, I see a MAP3BAR in the ram description file, but that is all. There is another file that has the computer types and a table of options, some with -1 and some with positive integers. I'm assuming that if the flag is set to -1 that it doesn't show for that computer, but the value for MAP3BAR is not in that table, only MAP3D. So, what can I change to make this show?
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

jon, here is what it should look like for the lm. just to confirm, you did go into settings/layout files/update settings and check all the boxes and then press download button?

I can't see that pic, but I did not do that. I think you posted that somewhere or told me when I was doing some testing and forgot that I needed to. I will try that and see how it goes. Thanks Morris.

Yeah, that did it. I did it a dozen times when you asked, but forgot to do it the ONE time I was on my own.

as a side note, can someone tell me what i am doing wrong when i post a pic? the pic in post 48 is a jpg file that i uploaded using the "insert image" icon. i can see it fine but obviously others can't. i've had this problem before..........

as a side note, can someone tell me what i am doing wrong when i post a pic? the pic in post 48 is a jpg file that i uploaded using the "insert image" icon. i can see it fine but obviously others can't. i've had this problem before..........
    If using tapatalk on phone or tablet its easy. Just select attach picture, choose your pic from your gallery, then select upload as attachment.

For PC used advanced post tab, and use manage attachments buton. You have to upload your file and be sure it is selected to attach in-line.

It works when i do either method.

Wayne H.

'89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw

try this again

click insert image icon, select from computer tab, click select files, browse to pc desktop and select jpg, click upload and it uploads. however, why do some not see it? can others see this pic?

maybe this

used manage attachments, added file, dragged jpg to attachments.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-04-21_075105.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	124.3 KB 
ID:	57982  

maybe this

used manage attachments, added file, dragged jpg to attachments.
    Now that worked!
    Wayne H.

Morris,
    If you download update to your ram descriptions/gauge settings, that will overwrite any changes or adjustments you made to the ram locations/settings?
    Example: i set up my AFRwb for a scale of 7.35 AFR = 0v, and 22.39 AFR = 5v. However at some point it changed to 5v = 20.8
    How do i prevent this in future?

Follow-up for the above (and might be more for Rob), there might have already been discussion, but would converting over to reading lambda and outputting lambda value to the ecu be a benefit? This would require what kind of reprogramming for the ecu to control for lambda in open loop mode? Seems with all these different fuel blends and not being sure if you are getting E10 or gasoline or some mix from different fillups, it might be a better idea if possible?

Wayne H.

Morris,
    If you download update to your ram descriptions/gauge settings, that will overwrite any changes or adjustments you made to the ram locations/settings?
    Example: i set up my AFRwb for a scale of 7.35 AFR = 0v, and 22.39 AFR = 5v. However at some point it changed to 5v = 20.8
    How do i prevent this in future?
    it will overwrite it. i probably need to come up with a way to allow some "user" gauges since we now have a gauge like that which is user specific.

If there is some place I can read more, let me know, but if we have a wideband that has an output, we can run this into where to integrate into MPScan? I think I remember seeing some options, but wasn't sure how it would receive the signal. Or is this for the ScanLink thing only?

turbo addict

If there is some place I can read more, let me know, but if we have a wideband that has an output, we can run this into where to integrate into MPScan? I think I remember seeing some options, but wasn't sure how it would receive the signal. Or is this for the ScanLink thing only?
    There is an internal function that Rob added that converts the signal to a narrowband, all you have to do is input the 0-5v signal from the wideband to your factory narrowband input. Then set up the conversion table and you are good to go.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...d+to+narrowbad
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Or, shortly you will be able to send that WB output to the new MPSciLink, and maintain using your factory sensor (if you choose) and have WB logging realtime in the same MPScan log.
    Wayne H.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast