Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: mptune / mpscan update

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Re: mptune / mpscan update

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    it will overwrite it. i probably need to come up with a way to allow some "user" gauges since we now have a gauge like that which is user specific.
    There probably aren't that many ram locations that get modified by the user. AFRwb, maybe the MAP3bar and MAP4bar if they have specific calibration data.
    I'm sure not as simple as it sounds, but maybe a way to simply "userlock" a gauge setting? That would prevent the gauge settings from being overwritten during an update/download?

For me i think i had mine setup correctly at one time, but can't remember exactly when i got defaulted. I looked on my laptop, and it was the default now also. I had been using the droid version exclusively since it is much more convenient.

The "display range" only has to do with the gauge output, and nothing to do with the values the ecu sees, correct?
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

the ecu is unaffected by anything done in mpscan, purely a display issue.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    There probably aren't that many ram locations that get modified by the user. AFRwb, maybe the MAP3bar and MAP4bar if they have specific calibration data.
    I'm sure not as simple as it sounds, but maybe a way to simply "userlock" a gauge setting? That would prevent the gauge settings from being overwritten during an update/download?

For me i think i had mine setup correctly at one time, but can't remember exactly when i got defaulted. I looked on my laptop, and it was the default now also. I had been using the droid version exclusively since it is much more convenient.

The "display range" only has to do with the gauge output, and nothing to do with the values the ecu sees, correct?
    wayne, the latest version of mpscan now has the option to have a user gauge setting that will be used in place of the "standard" gauge settings if set up. it's under settings/layout files/user gauge settings. give it a try and let me know any issues.

display range does NOT affect ecu values, only what is shown on the screen.

mt

I'll try to check it out tomorrow if not raining here.
    Thanks for the update.
    Wayne H.

'89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw

Garrett booster

First time I started MPTuner (2.0.5.0) this year, was last weekend, so I missed the remote storage migration upgrade window. Can I update the "Program ULR Update Address" manually? and if so what is the address? Else is just better to download and install the latest version?

Thanks,

Jeff Chojnacki

wayne, the latest version of mpscan now has the option to have a user gauge setting that will be used in place of the "standard" gauge settings if set up. it's under settings/layout files/user gauge settings. give it a try and let me know any issues.

display range does NOT affect ecu values, only what is shown on the screen.

mt
    I updated mpscan, and checked for update again after because the update was dated in April when viewing update history.
    I saw the new user gauge settings, and checked the AFRwb was set to the proper settings for my MTX-L. (And it was)

I also spent some time installing and soldering some instrument wires for the eventual use with the mpscilink device. I have outputs from my dual thermocouple (along with signal ground), as well as the MTX-L outputs for narrowband and wideband (and their signal ground).
    I still need to remove the pins from some connectors on my SpeedHut gauges (trans temp, and fuel press) so i can solder some output wires on the sensor wires.
    But, I'm ready to user test if i can be of further help to the mpscilink project.
    Wayne H.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jpcturbo View Post
    First time I started MPTuner (2.0.5.0) this year, was last weekend, so I missed the remote storage migration upgrade window. Can I update the "Program ULR Update Address" manually? and if so what is the address? Else is just better to download and install the latest version?

Thanks,

Jeff Chojnacki
    I just un-installed it and downloaded the new version, then opened it and closed it to allow the automatic updater to work.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    I just un-installed it and downloaded the new version, then opened it and closed it to allow the automatic updater to work.
    ^^this^^

Quote Originally Posted by iangoround View Post
    Yes, I'm running an 87 LM with an FTDI chipset soldered directly to the board.

I was trying to delete the AFR gauge as it doesnt really do anything, but it just closes on me every time.

I did notice it works no problem on my windows 10 desktop, so maybe the problem lies with my win7 laptop.

Another issue I've discovered is that MPScan crashes any time I have my innovate wideband USB adapter plugged in. I'll have to get the error message next time that happens.
    Connecting your innovate to you laptop did you need just comm to USB or was there a specific cable? I'd like to get my wideband hooked up so I can log it along with the rest of my gauges.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Connecting your innovate to you laptop did you need just comm to USB or was there a specific cable? I'd like to get my wideband hooked up so I can log it along with the rest of my gauges.
    The innovate comes with Logworks software to datalog values. This would let you log othe innovate gauges, but not our ecu gauges.

You need to do the WB2NB function in the turbonator cal in order to log WBo2 directly with MPScan.
    I think yhe confusion is some of us, like me, have this all setup on our SMEC cars. And others are on logic modules that i thought was said WB2NB isn't set up for LM's?
    Wayne H.

boostaholic

I used a USB>Serial adapter cable

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    The innovate comes with Logworks software to datalog values. This would let you log othe innovate gauges, but not our ecu gauges.

You need to do the WB2NB function in the turbonator cal in order to log WBo2 directly with MPScan.
    I think yhe confusion is some of us, like me, have this all setup on our SMEC cars. And others are on logic modules that i thought was said WB2NB isn't set up for LM's?
    Quote Originally Posted by iangoround View Post
    I used a USB>Serial adapter cable
    I know about the software with the innovate, but wasn't sure about the integration with MPscan. Can anyone confirm whether the innovate does or doesn't integrate to MPscan for the LM computers? If it's just the SMEC OR SBEC computers, I'll just install the Innovate software and just log it that way.

Thanks for the replies guys!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

boostaholic

Oh. Yeah, MPScan doesn't work with the Innovate. At least not last I knew. Which was last summer. Everything of mine has been in hibernation since October.

They're currently working on a new interface module that has additional analog inputs on it. It would take the data from the ECU and integrate it with some other stuff. I imagine that would be a good way for us LM users to get wideband data with our logs.

I was using the old Logworks plugin that Risen wrote years ago until some software update broke it on my machine. That let me use Logworks to log everything in one spot. After that broke I just kinda did it manually, or would match timestamps on two separate logs.

i never pursued integrating the innovate protocol into mpscan, primarily due to the mpscilink device we were working on. i don't think it would be that hard to do but it isn't high on the priority list (actually wasn't on the list!) currently. especially after rob got the narrow band to wideband code working for the smec/sbec. it might be easier to look at getting the same smec code integrated into the LM code.

boostaholic

i never pursued integrating the innovate protocol into mpscan, primarily due to the mpscilink device we were working on. i don't think it would be that hard to do but it isn't high on the priority list (actually wasn't on the list!) currently. especially after rob got the narrow band to wideband code working for the smec/sbec. it might be easier to look at getting the same smec code integrated into the LM code.
    IIRC, the problem isn't that it can't be put in the code. The problem is there aren't any spare 5v inputs on the LM and the o2 input is only good for 1v. A 0-1V wideband signal doesn't leave much room for any kind of resolution. I messed around with disabling the charge temp sensor in the code and running wideband voltage there. It let me get the voltage in to MPScan but I never got the charge temp sensor fully disabled and the car never ran right.

Mitsu booster

If your ECU has really a m68hc11a8 (with 52 Pins and NOT -a1 or -a0) cpu inside then you have a total of 8 analog-inputs. 4 are already used - meaning 4 left to play with.

According to the ref.manual :

2.1.1 MC68HC11A8

The MC68HC11A8 is available in either a 52-pin plastic leaded chip carrier (PLCC)

package or a 48-pin dual-in-line package (DIP). The silicon die is identical for both

packages, but four of the analog-to-digital (A/D) converter inputs are not bonded out

to pins in the 48-pin DIP.

Just curious ... what AFR range do you want to monitor/drive?
    Last edited by olk93; 03-15-2017 at 07:12 AM.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by olk93 View Post
    Just curious ... what AFR range do you want to monitor/drive?
    Ideally, from the entire bandwidth of the WB02 sensor.

LM ecu uses the 6803 processor.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234