Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: mptune / mpscan update

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

mptune / mpscan update

i am dropping my ftp server effective 4/8/2016 and moving all related files to my dropbox shared folder. as a result all users of mpscan and mptune MUST run each program prior to that date to allow the autoupdater to download the new files that point to the new location. the new files do have the programs for mpscilink in them but they are not usable at this time.

Sorry for the hassle but needed to eliminate the unnecessary expense.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Garrett booster

Re: mptune / mpscan update

Just to confirm - the latest versions are?
    MPTune 2.0.5.3
    MPScan 2.0.3.4

correct

boostaholic

Hey so I just noticed this new thing happening to me in MPScan.

Occasionally when I open MPScan and load my profile, the program quits with no error message. It's like it closes normally, but I certainly am not asking it to. If I re-open MPScan and load the profile again it works.

Also, if I open MPScan, click settings>display layout, open a layout and click ANY of the gauges in that layout to edit them, MPScan closes as well. This happens every time I try.

I'll try making a new layout from scratch, but that's still very odd to me.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

I was having some similar issues, and Morris was looking into it with me. There's a text files for comm and errror in the data folder, he'll need to see those.
    We didn't really find out what was going on with mine. I switched over to the droid version and have been successfully logging on my Galaxy S5 Active.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

iangoround - what version of mpscan? does mpscan quit everytime you open a layout for the first time? send me the specific mpc file you are trying to open to see if i can identify the issue. also, look for a couple files to see if they exist, mptapperr.txt and mpterrors.txt. if so send them to me.

Mitsu booster

I did the update today. I'm running both MPScan and MPTune on an old xp laptop. Everything worked fine before the update but now I get a .net framework error when opening mpscan. I cannot download the version it's telling me I need due to I'm guessing the internet explorer version thats on there is too old and won't load ANY web pages. Data logging is deadbin the water till I can get this figured out. Any insight would be most appreciated. Thanks

what version is it telling you that it needs?

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    iangoround - what version of mpscan? does mpscan quit everytime you open a layout for the first time? send me the specific mpc file you are trying to open to see if i can identify the issue. also, look for a couple files to see if they exist, mptapperr.txt and mpterrors.txt. if so send them to me.
    2.3.0.4. No error files I can find.

here is the layout file I'm using. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...mphVmNPeU1OODQ

It only closes about half the time when I open a layout the first time, but it still closes every time I try to edit my existing layout.

iangoround - what ecu are you running? Hopefully an LM
    Last edited by wowzer; 04-11-2016 at 11:47 AM.

it loaded ok for me. i'll look at it closer tonight. it really is a "complicated" configuration - you have a couple dual display gauges as well as the afr gauge. so perhaps there is a conflict somewhere among them. thx for the file.

boostaholic

Yes, I'm running an 87 LM with an FTDI chipset soldered directly to the board.

I was trying to delete the AFR gauge as it doesnt really do anything, but it just closes on me every time.

I did notice it works no problem on my windows 10 desktop, so maybe the problem lies with my win7 laptop.

Another issue I've discovered is that MPScan crashes any time I have my innovate wideband USB adapter plugged in. I'll have to get the error message next time that happens.

Garrett booster

Ok wowzer. After the update I updated all the setup files, made a new gauge layout and profile. Before this I was getting the "have you tried turning it off and back on again" error message but now I get no errors, I show the ftdi connected in the lower left, but nothing happens when I hit record. It doesn't freeze, it doesn't crash, just the record is greyed out and I can pause or stop recording but the gauges don't move and the counter doesn't go.

Quote Originally Posted by iangoround View Post

I was trying to delete the AFR gauge as it doesnt really do anything, but it just closes on me every time.

I did notice it works no problem on my windows 10 desktop, so maybe the problem lies with my win7 laptop.

Another issue I've discovered is that MPScan crashes any time I have my innovate wideband USB adapter plugged in. I'll have to get the error message next time that happens.
    thx for the info. i'll look at the afr delete issue.

i wonder if mpscan gets confused if there is another usb plugged in. send me or post up the mpscanport.txt file and the mpt2coms.txt files that should be in the directory where all the user logs/settings etc are. make sure you have the innovate device plugged in also.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by streetpirate View Post
    Ok wowzer. After the update I updated all the setup files, made a new gauge layout and profile. Before this I was getting the "have you tried turning it off and back on again" error message but now I get no errors, I show the ftdi connected in the lower left, but nothing happens when I hit record. It doesn't freeze, it doesn't crash, just the record is greyed out and I can pause or stop recording but the gauges don't move and the counter doesn't go.
    send me or post up the mpscanport.txt file and the mpt2coms.txt files that should be in the directory where all the user logs/settings etc are.

Quote Originally Posted by iangoround View Post

i just loaded your setup again and deleted the afr file with no problem. i think i have a win 7 computer at home i'll try it on to see if i can get it to bomb.

****edit****
    just tried it on a win vista computer and it deleted ok. i'll hunt down a win 7 somewhere.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    send me or post up the mpscanport.txt file and the mpt2coms.txt files that should be in the directory where all the user logs/settings etc are.
    got it handled. I tryed turning on the "load d2xx" thing in ftprog, then got the no valid ports error (the d2xx has never worked for me in the past). turned it back off, programed, and now it works. effing magic!

Mitsu booster

Pm'd you on TD

Back at you

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by streetpirate View Post
    got it handled. I tryed turning on the "load d2xx" thing in ftprog, then got the no valid ports error (the d2xx has never worked for me in the past). turned it back off, programed, and now it works. effing magic!
    nevermind, same issue again. hope the links work
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzT...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzT...ew?usp=sharing

Based on the first linked file it looks like the serial number is missing from the ftdi cable . I would go back to the ftdi prog utility and try to put something in that field. I think that if that field is blank mpscan considers it a generic usb vs an ftdi cable and uses a different set of logging routines.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast