Thread: BMF map sensor solution.

turbo addict

BMF map sensor solution.

Working on getting the bmf on my van and decided to mount my MAP sensor. This sensor is a 3 bar unit from a SRT caliber and runs less than 40 bucks from the dealer. The sensor is meant to be directly installed in the intake but i had modified it to hook a vacuum line to it. I have another post with the part number and how to modify it to use a hose. All I did was drill a 1/2 in hole, chamfer, then Polish the bore. I will add a retainer screw later. The sensor can be used unmodified.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Hybrid booster

Re: BMF map sensor solution.

That's cool. Nothing like making new tech work for you.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

I don't know how thick the end plate is on the intake, but you may consider having a small threaded rod (machine screw with head cut off) welded to the plate. Unless there is enough thickness to drill and tap without going all the way through and use a short stud.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

turbo addict

are you running "stock" electronics with this new map or some sort of aftermarket? im just worried bout the baro solenoid?

turbo addict

The end plate is 1/4 in thick so it will take threads well. Yes stock electronics turbonator Cal. I've been running this map sensor over a year now with no issues.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
    The end plate is 1/4 in thick so it will take threads well. Yes stock electronics turbonator Cal. I've been running this map sensor over a year now with no issues.
    My only concern would be drilling all the way through. Eventually either during the drilling or later when you have to change the sensor you might get some kind of metal shard or grit to push through to the clean side of the intake.
    When i installed my vacuum barbs for the lengel upper plenum i worried about this too, but it was before the engine was assembled and i was carefull to check for metal bits.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Hybrid booster

connect a line that will supply shop air at 25 psi to the brake booster nipple on the intake.
    drill till you are about to break through then stop, dip drill bit in heavy grease then continue to drill - drill slowly til you punch through. the grease will catch the heavy chunks and the shop air will keep anything from falling into the intake.