Thread: 86 Charger - Maiden Voyage today. Thank you TM!!

Hybrid booster

86 Charger - Maiden Voyage today. Thank you TM!!

I drove my 86 Charger today for the first time ever since I bought it 6 years ago! It ran better than I expected and am super excited to have a running, driving car. I only drove it a total of 6 miles, but it ran great and pulled hard! I've been into TM's for about 10 years and have never actually had a good running and driving car until now. I want to thank this site and it's members for all the help, technical support, parts, and motivation to get me to this point! I stumbled upon this car being loaded onto a wrecker to go to a junkyard 6 years ago. I was able to buy the car instead of it going to the junkyard, and am actually the second owner. The original owner parked this car in the year 2000 due to a blown head-gasket, 77,000 original miles at the time. I've picked away at making it drive-able again over the last 6 years as time and money permitted. Things finally all came together and 16 years after the head-gasket blew, it is back on the road! Here is a pic of it at the gas station today, also a link to the project log:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ed-from-the-JY!

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: 86 Charger - Maiden Voyage today. Thank you TM!!

Congrats. 6 years is a long time to have worked on a project. Not many would see it through to the end.

There's something very satisfying when saving a car from the clutches of the boneyard, great job! Also glad to see you out on the road, turbo mopars should be daily driven as much as possible...would be nice to see it at SDAC
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hybrid booster

Took a spin this morning, 14 more miles on it. Ran great! I'm getting addicted to BOOST!!! SDAC is less than a 6 hour drive, I am debating on attending...

Quote Originally Posted by RattFink View Post
    Took a spin this morning, 14 more miles on it. Ran great! I'm getting addicted to BOOST!!! SDAC is less than a 6 hour drive, I am debating on attending...
    Less than 6hrs is a no-brainer. You won't have a better time in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by RattFink View Post

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    I agree, every SDAC ive went to is 6 or less hours and its been the best fun of the year. This year, 15 hours is too much and I wont be there.

Hybrid booster

What are the exact dates? I can't really take time off, but I always have three day weekends...