Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: '89 csx-vnt #104

Mitsu booster

Re: '89 csx-vnt #104

Well just cause she'll be for sale soon, doesn't mean I have to stop working on it! Passenger side cv joint was giving out. It started to clunk when I'd turn left and some inspectio revealed a shredded boot by the rotor. Getting it out was a PA IN, it was soooo stuck. I had to get a 4lb hammer and give it some good wacks and then it came out. New one went in without a problem. Best of all, clunking on left turns is gone! Also got around to finally installing a bov, despite it not having one from the factory, what was Mr Shelby thinking? It sounds great but I need to do some minor adjusting for low boost. It opens up fine at about 7ish lbs but anything below that and I can still hear some surging but not as bad as before.

Next up is some good engine bay cleaning and replacing the driver side fender!

Mitsu booster

Cleaned up the engine bay today! Top is before and bottom is after. A couple spots look way cleaner, brake booster area, head (had a leaky valve cover gasket, replaced that yesterday with a one piece), area by the coil, hoses all look much cleaner. Also discovered a leaky radiator, it's leaking right by the cap. It has a tiny leak. I thought it was the previous cap, but I guess not. So that'll be next!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Personally and selfishly I hope you DON'T sell this car. You're making great progress with it

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Personally and selfishly I hope you DON'T sell this car. You're making great progress with it
    Agreed. It seems like a good chunk of the time you see numbered cars rotting a way or in the hands of. Someone who just doesn''t care.

Mitsu booster

Thanks fellas! I have a move coming up at the end of the year and a job change. Unfortunately, It'd be wise to let go of some toys but not "give away" some toys I've really been enjoying it lately, it's been running GREAT! Did my first pull to 100mph a couple days ago and it was such a smooth pull.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

LOL 100, I'm shocked how quickly mine gets to 130 and its nearly completely stock save for exhaust and a couple extra PSI of boost. I think my CSX VNT is my favorite TM to drive. I have faster cars and cleaner cars but this one is just a great all around driver Previous owner let it rot in the Tucson sun for years before I rescued it. Now it's getting a fresh new coat of red
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160517_083856 (1).jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	58332  

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Shipping it to WI

Mitsu booster

Well finally got around to replacing that driver side fender. It took me pretty much all day, started around noon and finished up around 6pm. Taking breaks here and there of course, I didn't want to get frustrated and break tabs or anything. It all worked out pretty good, besides scratching my front bumper, doh! It was a little heavier than expected when I removed it and it faceplanted. I'm a little, or a lot, bummed about that. Oh well, "new" fender looks a whole lot better and that about finishes up the list of parts waiting around to be installed, except for some poly Sway bear bushings. Next up is the window trim! Enough talk, onto pics!

Oh, bfaroo, I'd be happy to drive a couple hours out if your really interested!

Mitsu booster

Seafoamed the car yesterday. It actually didn't smoke too much. I was expecting a giant mushroom cloud, I even drove away to a large parking lot. Then changed the oil today and I'll be taking care of those A/C hoses soon! Anybody know a good place to get a radiator online? Or should I just stick to Autozone? The online pics don't look like the cap port matches and it'll interfere with the intercooler mount.

An 89 CSX rad online? Haha! You could see if TU still has one of their aluminum units made to fit all the TII cars. Otherwise you're going to need to have yours recored.

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    An 89 CSX rad online? Haha! You could see if TU still has one of their aluminum units made to fit all the TII cars. Otherwise you're going to need to have yours recored.
    Good idea, I was so set on buying a new one but I could just have the original fixed! A shop should be able to fix the pinhole at the filer neck pretty easy and give it a good once over.

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS6 View Post
    Good idea, I was so set on buying a new one but I could just have the original fixed! A shop should be able to fix the pinhole at the filer neck pretty easy and give it a good once over.
    Yeah, that will be super easy for a competent shop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12