Thread: Turbo coolant line around head

turbo addict

Turbo coolant line around head

Anyone make their own? Concerned about the bend around the head, was wondering if anyone went the whole way with braided without a hard line.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor ajakeski's Avatar

Re: Turbo coolant line around head

I had the stainless 90 from a FWD hose laying around and ran the rest with AN hose and a couple AN fittings. Worked about the same. You could probably run AN all the way to the thermostat box with the right combo of fittings.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I've just looped a line all the way and I've done it with fittings that take a 90* turn at the head. Either way works well.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Any local place that makes AC or hydraulic hoses can make one up for you. Mine is high temp black rubber hydraulic hose.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

turbo addict

I have a 90 degree silicone hose connected to a hard line

turbo addict

Thanks for the replies, gave me some ideas. Ended up getting some socketless hose and Ill see how it works. I was going through some things and I forgot that my van has had soft 1/2in hose all the way around the head for a good amount of time so I think I will run it without any hard line for now and keep an eye on it.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.