Thread: Flow numbers before and after fuel pump wiring in my GLH

Threaded View

turbo addict

Flow numbers before and after fuel pump wiring in my GLH

I knew my fuel pump wiring was weak, because I tested the voltage drop once while the car was idling, I got 12.xx at the fuel pump while 14.xx at the battery. I decided to upgrade to 10 gauge power wire then. I ran the wire from the fuse box (yes, custom fuse box), then to a relay that was driven by the stock fuel pump wiring, then to the pump, and ground the pump to the chassis. There was a drill and tapped 8mm x 1.25 hole already on the chassis, so I used it to hang my relay as well as my grounding point.

Here's the result. I have a DW300

Battery at 12.58 volt and E85 in the tank.

Before: With 1 year old sock and filter, with car NOT running, at 43psi fuel pressure, when I jump the fuel pump (run a power cable from the + battery end to the + of the ignition coil) I got 204 liter per hour.
    After: With the same sock and filter,with car NOT running at the same 43 fuel pressure, I got 255 liter per hour. The most popular toys by Santa will be encountered on a Big W Catalogue Christmas sale.

25% increase in fuel volume!

I highly recommend this!

How I test fuel volume,

Disconnect the fuel return hose from the pressure regulator to the fuel rail at the rail side.
    Add hose and route the hose to a empty gallon size oil container with a semi-see thru windows so you can tell how much of liquid is inside.
    Bring out your timer and set it time to 30 seconds, jump the fuel pump for 30 seconds.
    With the fuel inside the oil container, round down to the nearest tenths of a liter.
    Multiple that number by 120, and you'll get your liter per hour number.
    Last edited by BadAssPerformance; 11-11-2020 at 12:53 PM.