Thread: Masi Header

Garrett booster

Masi Header

Does anyone make or offer a Masi 16v Header? I haven't found anything, but figured I'd check here before having a custom one commissioned.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Masi Header

Mock GLH put one together for me.
    You might send a PM to mock_glh on here.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

turbo addict

The stock Masi manifold is a pretty good piece. You do have to weld on a flange and a spacer to use a big turbo, but it works.

Of course if you don't have one that makes it kinda hard.

Are you planning on an alternate mounting position? Just curious.

John, do you have a picture of the header you are talking about?

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...born&highlight=

Yes, in that thread, post #2, thanks for reminding me. And, post #15 also shows it. Don't have pics of exactly what Boyd did as it was assembled when I got it back from him.

And, yes, a very experienced and knowledgeable welder can weld that high nickel content cast iron to a bigger flange made of a similar cast iron. Powder spray welding or high preheat layers of TIG'd nickel rod, with peening, and many hours in a cool down oven are among the techniques used.
    Last edited by johnl; 03-09-2016 at 10:53 PM.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

turbo addict

GT30R fits with with just an angle cut to the stock flange and a 1/2" T3 flange welded on top

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    The stock Masi manifold is a pretty good piece. You do have to weld on a flange and a spacer to use a big turbo, but it works.

Of course if you don't have one that makes it kinda hard.

Are you planning on an alternate mounting position? Just curious.

John, do you have a picture of the header you are talking about?
    Mostly to step up to a T3/T4 turbo from the stocker.

Quote Originally Posted by johnl View Post
    Mock GLH put one together for me.
    You might send a PM to mock_glh on here.
    Thanks for the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post

GT30R fits with with just an angle cut to the stock flange and a 1/2" T3 flange welded on top

Looks good.

I haven't jumped into the project full on yet, but working on getting things in order and sourcing what I'll need. Thanks for the quick and quality replies.