Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I will decimate @ race wars with this, project $2016 GRM Challenge,Van #4

boostaholic

I will decimate @ race wars with this, project $2016 GRM Challenge,Van #4

After acomplishing what I wanted with the Brown van I found this gem.New coworker had it and it was 4 miles from my house.Its a 89 ES Turbo Automatic black/red interior..Fully loaded including power mirror(that dont work) ,Power Seat(does work),Over head with temp/compass(doesnt work).Body wise its rough but perfect canidate for a lightweight van.I drove it home only to have Rad let go pulling into driveway.brakes where smoking quite a bit.80k or so on motor 138 on body.Trans is supposed to be built.It feels like it atleast has a shift kit.Has a mitsu on it now but came with a unknown condition T1 garrett.Has a manual boost controller on it.Interior is in good shape.Has a side exit exhaust.Ive decided the enter the challenge with it for $2016.I think I can make it competitive in the van class and do well overall.

boostaholic

Re: I will decimate @ race wars with this, project $2016 GRM Challenge,Van #4

Picked these up off ebay a few weeks ago for $165 shipped and the Shadow I picked up over summer for $200.It came with a socketed ECU,may have a walbro in it,boost and oil pressure gauages,unkown condition auto with RMVB.Already sold the dash and door panels out of it.Itll give up Front struts/springs and rear springs and wheels and probally some metal here and there.

boostaholic

Tried to install new Rad.Its defective.Got to love chinese parts.

turbo addict

nice, perfect combo of ground effects and colours. It belongs in a museum!
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by raccoon View Post
    nice, perfect combo of ground effects and colours. It belongs in a museum!
    only thing holding rockers on is the moldings!

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Last time i bought one for a van it was like $77 and worked perfectly. Where'd you get it?

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    Last time i bought one for a van it was like $77 and worked perfectly. Where'd you get it?
    Advanced $56(car quest brand )

turbo addict

Want to follow GRM stuff...

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Very cool! Those moldings and bumper covers weigh a ton. So the goal is to spend $2016 or less? How does robbing parts off another car count?
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

You have to assign them a fair market value unless you include the whole cost of that car in your budget and then try to recoup that by selling other parts off it.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Gotcha.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

What's the ET and mph goal?

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    You have to assign them a fair market value unless you include the whole cost of that car in your budget and then try to recoup that by selling other parts off it.
    Yep the shadow will be counted and the cost of it has already been recouped.And it has more to give!

- - - Updated - - -

This weekeneds plans for it are to install rad #2 and hopefully weigh it tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jefo View Post
    What's the ET and mph goal?
    12's will be the goal.Should be doable with a holset and maybe some nitrous.

boostaholic

Installed the rad.Thankfully this one doesnt leak but it needs a thermostat which I know I have a spare one somewhere!

boostaholic

Had to go to the parts store for a thermostat.Couldnt find my spare but problally will now.No more overheating.

boostaholic

Intercooler showed up for it today.Not sure if im going to use this one for $80 shipped or the porsce 944 one I got at sdac 24 for $50

boostaholic

Scored a NOS wet nitrous kit off of amazon for $72 shipped.Doesnt come with bottle or bracket but those will be easy to find.

boostaholic

boostaholic

Finally got around to working on this thing.I removed 90% of interior,metal from rear hatch,wipers,the exhaust we urethaned the rear windows and passenger window to remove hardware that holds them in.Some of the interior wiring,charcoal canister.There is more weight to go.For some reason my pics wont down load to computer.

boostaholic

The urethaned windows may just work i pulled on them and they are pretty tight.Id like to do lexan and unless i can find some cheap ill have to stick with the glass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast