Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ramerati Reborn

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Ramerati Reborn

Battery relocated and turbo intake pipe figured out.

Cut the headlight buckets out of the core support. Also had to cut off some of the top of the driver's side frame rail to make room to angle the battery under the top of the core support. New battery tray base is made of angle iron welded to both sides of frame rail. Made a tray that is tacked to that angle iron base. Made a mock battery box out of plywood to ease fitting and figuring the fabrication.

Had to abandon the rubber turbo inlet hose set up that I previously mocked up on engine stand. It conflicted with the master cylinder/booster. Instead, welded up some 3" exhaust bends. Top of airbox and inlet pipe are one piece, the pipe slipped over the box' barb and is RTV'd to that big airbox barb. Airbox is then fed through power module. BOV connects to bottom of turbo inlet pipe.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Battery Relocation & Turbo Intake Pipe 049.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	874.5 KB 
ID:	62438   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Battery Relocation & Turbo Intake Pipe 007.JPG 
Views:	248 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	62439   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Battery Relocation & Turbo Intake Pipe 009.JPG 
Views:	235 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	62440   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Battery Relocation & Turbo Intake Pipe 005.JPG 
Views:	254 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	62441   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Battery Relocation & Turbo Intake Pipe 006.JPG 
Views:	259 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	62442   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Battery Relocation & Turbo Intake Pipe 001.JPG 
Views:	337 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	62443  

Last edited by johnl; 04-26-2018 at 05:30 PM.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Great progress! Heading to MATS this weekend then??

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

I wish. You?
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."

There with Bro DJ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180427_144617.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	62450   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180427_145730.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	62451   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180427_095848.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	62452  

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife

Cool beans. Will look for full report.
    John Laing

-- Alexis de Tocqueville

--Ayn Rand

Meeting tonight John, In Ramerati??

I tried. Too many details to rush through
    John Laing

-- Alexis de Tocqueville

--Ayn Rand

I know SDAC's looming. I was even dreaming of driving the Ramerati cross country.

So, I was ready to start the engine, fluids installed.

Code 42 - ASD relay. Relay is good. That was three weeks ago. Chasing it since.

Dark Green with Black tracer is power out of ASD relay to the Z circuit which feeds positive to O2 heat, injectors, coil and fuel pump.

Z circuit has two splices, first is after the fusible link where the wire to fuel pump goes through the bulkhead fitting. The second Z circuit splice is near the passenger side shock tower where it splits to feed the O2 sensor, the coil, and the injectors.

I have continuity from ASD terminal to O2, coil, and injectors, and as far as the bulkhead connector for the fuel pump but NOT from the bulkhead's female connector to the + side of the fuel pump pigtail.

So . . . . trying to get power to the fuel pump, I jumped from the coil + to the fuel pump by cutting and connecting to the + input terminal of the pump (abandoning the wire from the bulkhead). Pump did not run.

Pump DOES run if I apply + and - from 12 volt battery.

So . . . . Checked the pump pigtail's Grey ground wire - no continuity with the chassis. OK, jumped the Grey ground wire to chassis - not by cutting it and going direct to ground but by splicing - leaving existing. Blew the fusible link.

Frustrated
    John Laing

-- Alexis de Tocqueville

--Ayn Rand

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

I don't think there is supposed to be a fusible link on that side of the relay. Should have a red/white tracer feeding it 12v from a fusible link, then the dark green/black tracer feeds power to the pump, coil etc. Dark blue from the ignition switch is the trigger, and the dark blue/yellow tracer goes to the computer and grounds through it.

Fuel pump should just get power from dark green/black tracer and ground through (I think) a gray wire. Check battery to chassis grounds if you're having grounding issues. And take bulkhead plug apart and check for corrosion and terminals pushing out.

I pretty much just went through all this on my TIII swap/rewire in my '89 GTC lol. I didn't get power to the pump at first either, found that was due to a bad crimp connection where someone had previously replaced the pump plug. Also wiggled the dark green/black tracer wire coming through bulkhead to make sure it was all the way in and making connection.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Thanks Rob, I've printed your post and will check what I have against it.

I'm having trouble finding 22 gauge fusible link wire.
    John Laing

-- Alexis de Tocqueville

--Ayn Rand

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Glad to see the Ramerati out there. Still sorting it out, I see! It is a finicky girl. I wish Dave was still around to help us all.

Hey to Rick, if you see this.

Hope all is well with everybody.

Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by cwilliiams View Post
    Glad to see the Ramerati out there. Still sorting it out, I see! It is a finicky girl. I wish Dave was still around to help us all.

Hey to Rick, if you see this.

Hope all is well with everybody.

Charlie

Thanks for the shout out Charlie; honestly didn't see your post till just now. I've had a couple of years away.
    John Laing

-- Alexis de Tocqueville

--Ayn Rand

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234