Thread: replace plastic piece on door at B-pillar of '87-'92 LeBaron Coupe

Hybrid booster

replace plastic piece on door at B-pillar of '87-'92 LeBaron Coupe

Any body done this? Mine is badly cracked and needs to be replaced

Re: replace plastic piece on door at B-pillar of '87-'92 LeBaron Coupe

what year is this????????

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Yeah, AND you've never told us a single thing about this Cali car you rescued last year or posted and pics. It's a two way street here Jer...

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

from the 1988 part book:

4366 662-3 1 21 APPLIQUE, Door Frame Rear, Use Up to 10-5-87
    4491 154-5 1 21 Use From 10-5-87 to 11-10-87
    4491 422-3 1 21 Use After 11-10-87
    4495 000 1 21 APPLIQUE PACKAGE, Door Frame Rear
    4057 555 AR 21 RETAINER PACKAGE

I have some of these NOS for this and other years

www.arizonaparts.com

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Yeah, AND you've never told us a single thing about this Cali car you rescued last year or posted and pics. It's a two way street here Jer...
    Alan my friend, I'm on it BUT! That little TI puppy is still not up and on the street. It took from late October until the 24th of December to get the title straightened out because the guy was just trying to flip it and he sent me paper work with 3, YES THREE NAME CHANGES on it and then sent the corrected paper work with the car when I had it shipped in mid January, and you know who paid Cali sales taxes and smog test rite? AAARRRGGGHHHH! And so far what I've found is that two of the four mounting bolts that hold the rack to the K-member are: 1 stripped and 1 the welds on the nut are broken loose inside the K-member,,,soooo K-Member swap is happening. Head lite door motor was-is shot so a new one has been obtained. All 8 of the headlite adjusting wedges that the adjusting screws mount in are broken so all 4 headlites are looking like Jack Elem trying to stare you down.(Did you know that Dorman, the nut and bolt folks that "Help" is owned by also make or purchases those little headlite adjusters AND THEY'RE JUNK!) The minute you push them in both little tension ears snap off and Dorman has known about it for two years now? And the dealerships around the country that still have those little NS1 clips in inventory want almost $8 per each plus tax plus shipping for a grand total of rite at $10 X8 And I think we can thank the new Mopar CEO where ever he calls home for those price bumps. Oh and the tires, The fronts are dated 4/2010 and the rears are dated 10/2002! Still plenty of tread tho'. Theirs a few more things that need my attention but you have the best parts of the story. I'll do what I can to shoot you a few pix in the next little bit. Martin, P.M. will be sent shortly. I have to go to the local dealership to run the vin and tell me when this '87 Highline was spawned and it's 17:55 on Friday where I are. And I'd like to talk about those plastic door pieces before I invest anything else in this Beast rite now, Jer

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Well, I asked for an update

Only thing that jumps out at me from your issues is that I WOULDN'T swap a K frame just for stripped rack bolts. Just use a cut off wheel to open a 2"X2" three sided window in the sheet metal under the nuts. From there you can weld new ones in or just use an oversized washer with new nuts. Easy fix without a big swap. As for the rest, ah the joys of a new old car. I just sold my son's 89 GTC a few months ago and now I've ended up with another J body project for my new girlfriend. She really wants a 67 Nova but she's warming up to the LeBaron
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160204_145359.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	57389  

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Hybrid booster

That was my thought too Alan but I'm living in a retirement community now and they get real crabby with me when they see me on my dawg bone under one of the toys with it up on jack stands. WTF WHO KNEW? Its a matter of the $#s for the fix for the loose rack Pal. After shopping around I find that It would cost more to cut the windows in the bottom and fix the problem then to just replace the K-member. (the joys of no play pen anymore!) The wrenches in this town that I've found are still thinking fire wrench as opposed to cut off wheel or plasma cutter for doing holes in 18 gauge steel, AGAIN WTF? And we can forget about the $100+ per at the dealerships. Hell, our toys are older then the wrenches the dealerships employ today and if the electronics can't tell them how to fix something they don't have a clue how to think their way thru' a problem. 'Sides, I already have the replacement K-member standing by and the sway bar bushing just showed up from Johnny yesterday. It'll be a done deal by this time next weekend. Oh, and I have a feeling that you mentioned to your new friend some where along the way that there will be NO BOW TIE PARKING in your driveway, lol...Stay tuned Pal, Jer

1987 part book:

4366 662-3 R/L APPLIQUE, Door Frame Rear (don't have)
    4057 555 AR 21 RETAINER PACKAGE

I have:

4491422 Right for 1988-89 NOS

4495000 R or L for 1988-89 NOS

not sure what the difference is between the 2

www.arizonaparts.com

Hybrid booster

Let me get the build date on the 'Baron and I'll call you