Thread: 1990 Daytona VNT

Garrett booster

1990 Daytona VNT

Date: 10th February 2016
    Username: Black_Sunshine
    Full Name Dax Storm
    City, State, Zip:Indianapolis, IN, 46220
    Selling or Wanted Price: $1,500 obo/trade for bangs/TJ parts/?

Description: I've had this Daytona for almost 10 years now and its time to let it go to someone who has more time and space for her. The last eight of those 10 years she has taken the number one spot in my garage and for the last 4 years she didn't run (and I don't hear anything at all about it from my wife...). So there is not much rust, the underside of the floor pans are the worst but overall pretty good for the age. The paint definitely needs attention but the body is pretty straight. Passenger side mirror needs replaced (bumped it in the garage last summer)

The car is originally a 1990 Dodge Daytona Shelby VNT painted in Daytona Blue with the 568 standard trans. Somewhere before I got the car, an 88 turbo II motor with 110k was installed out of a Shelby Z but it still has the 568 small spline. The odometer reads 177k but it stopped working shortly after I got it and I maybe have put 10k miles on it since I've had it. Power windows and locks work. Power drivers seat works. Front interior needs cleaned but isnt too bad minus the worn down shifter and air vents i transformed into pods for gauges (the things kids do in their 20s...smh lol) Had an aftermarket sunroof in before I got it which was busted so I replaced it with a piece of plexiglass for function - not finish. I do have the factory sunroof glass from a 90 Daytona I planned on possibly installing in its place but I would have needed to fabricate a frame and cut into the roof even more. So it still has the plexi. The back seat and carpet are gone but the trunk cover and side trim are there still along with the trunk cover.

Since I have had the car I have installed a 255 Walbro fuel pump, AFPR, underdrive pulley, heavy duty engine mounts and booble strut mount, Autometer boost and air/fuel gauges (all previous from FWD performance, with receipts) along with other misc. items. Also installed is a set of Eibach 1" lowering springs and Koni shocks and struts. The Goodyear tires maybe have about 10k miles on them but are in good condition despite being seven years old.

As I said before, the car didn't start for about 4 years. She died on me going home from work. I had her towed home and in the garage she went for 4 years. So fast forward to today. After finally finding time to dig into the car with reliable resources... it was the ASD's fault. So along with a new relay; spark plugs, wires, cap/rotor, battery, reset the belt to TDC and a fresh Brad Penn oil change have added as well (not to mention syphoning old fuel out for new 93). The car runs and drives pretty good! No CEL's. It is loud though since I cut the exhaust off at the downpipe (same damn kids again) and the heavy duty mounts definitely let you know they're there through vibration over stock. With that said she needs exhaust and half shafts to be a legit driver.

I've owned this car for almost 10 years and it never made it to the level that I had imagined for it so I really hope someone can continue where I left off. I posted a plethora of photos in my 'GARAGE ALBUM' so feel free to take a gander. I can give more info on anything if needed or provide additional photos. The car is located 15 mins South of Indianapolis. Delivery is possible but depending on distance. Feel free to contact me via email. Thanks again!

Dax
    Last edited by Black_Sunshine; 03-12-2016 at 09:28 AM.

Garrett booster

Re: 1990 Daytona VNT

A decent amount of looks and no replies. I really would like to move this car as soon as I can. I'm putting it on craigslist this week for sale/possible trade. The same goes for here. I just would like to see an enthusiast get it. Asking price is now $1800 obo. If anyone is interested, want to see more pics, anything at all, don't hesitate to contact me. Thanks again!

Dax

turbo addict

1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

Garrett booster

Thanks for the assist with the link! I took those photos on 2/7/16...after getting pulled over by the 5-0 on S.R. 37 (no tags). "Just wanted to make sure everything was working properly officer". He was cool. No ticket. Offered to sell him the Daytona...still for sale.

Garrett booster

Lowered price. $1500 obo. I can provide additional photos if need be. I'm flexible on the price cause I need it gone so if you're interested please let me know. Thanks!

Garrett booster

Well, after two no-shows from Craigslist I am back on TM to once again lower the price and see if I can get any interest. I drove the car from my friends shop in Martinsville to the garage in Indy (about 40 min drive). It rode and handled great and didn't have a problem cruising at 60-65 mph on I465 and SR37 (cruise control still works). Pulled 15 PSI very nice in second and third. I didn't want to go too hard since the half shafts are in need or replacing. I told both the goons from Craigslist that I would do $1200 cash, but as of right now $1000 is the bottom dollar. Please let me know if you're interested or want more photos. Thanks again!

Joseph Hodges - hodgesdodges@comcast.net - 1-812-798-9570 from Linton Indiana was the first no show...talked a big game then stopped answering when he was supposed to be on the way there...
    Charles...? (shoulda got better info) - 1-513-649-7457 - from Cincy area, said he used to have a 91 G body, has a 3 bar map, computer, etc. ready to go for mine. Ended the same, wouldn't answer after I talked to him and he said he was on his way.p

Just wanted to let everyone know in case the run into these fellows. I'm sure these guys have so much going right for them in their lives...Karma is a b***h.
    Last edited by Black_Sunshine; 03-12-2016 at 02:44 PM.

turbo addict

Wish I had some cash...going through another divorce and child support wont be up until I am 73! I was thinking of just buying a turbo car out right just to put the drivetrain into Matchbox....a turbo motor in 1890 lbs of lightened up L body would work wonders!
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]47 Time NHRA/IHRA drag race champ-----84 Plymouth Horizon/1 of 84 HO equipped from the factory/1910 lbs, 2.5 with carb, nearly 315,000 miles-----04 SRT4/S2 with S3 turbo/12.17 @ 119/DOTs/93 Octane/SOLD-----2003 PT Cruiser GT, won a True Street class at the 2017 National Muscle Car Association World Street Finals-----2010 Toyota Prius/my delivery truck, 77.9 mpg best and NOT A PLUG IN, nearly 230,000 miles and way over 5600 miles per month! [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Garrett booster

Sold today. Thanks again y'all!