Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally Starting on #53

Garrett booster

Re: Finally Starting on #53

I tried it again.
    I can see the picture on my desktop but not there on my i pad ...weird.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NCM_1328.JPG 
Views:	151 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	57277  

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by bfarroo View Post
    Ok I started looking at wiring and have some pictures to hopefully get some answers to where these wires and plugs go.

The first one is at the rear of the motor near where the oxygen sensor wires go in. they both look to be black wires and don't appear to be wires from the factory dodge harness.

Next is a grey/black wire near the computer, I should be able to trace this one out as it looks to be a factory dodge harness wire. I looks like it might attach to the brown wire in the pic after but I'm not sure.

Next is by the oil pressure sender block

were some of the stock sensor wires left off in favor of the aftermarket gauges? The stock low pressure switch is hooked up and then there is a blue wire attached to a sensor in the end of the block and then a yellow wire that I'm guessing would have hooked up to the missing sensor in then block. Also the sensor that goes into the front of the head has a non-stock wire attached to it. I didn't take a picture of that.
    I'll have to go look at my car tonight or send Aaron a txt to have him look at his targa for those wire colors, but there are enough of us on here that we should be able to get you going. Did you get the service manual from Johnny's site?

As for the rest of the harness, yes there are quite a few factory wires that aren't connected and plugs that only have a couple of wires jumped in to get stuff to work.
    Keep in mind that there are 2 sets of bulkhead connectors, one at the firewall and one under the dash...the wires that run between the 2 sets are automotive quality but look similar to what you'd find on a painless wiring kit and, as you'd imagine, the color changes when it crosses into a new connector.

I have the owners manual but the link for the service manual doesn't work. I'll have to send johnny a message to check it.

Hybrid booster

I'll email it over, it's an 8MB .pdf, it's just some of the stock chrysler stuff. I wish it had the actual wiring diagrams.
    I still would like to get my hands on a "build book" if one ever existed.

oh, I do believe that some stock sensors are left off in favor of the senders for the vdo gauges. Basically like a new motor swap in an old car, the only stock sensors used are the ones needed to run the engine.
    Last edited by player1up; 02-10-2016 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GTP#44 View Post
    I tried it again.
    I can see the picture on my desktop but not there on my i pad ...weird.
    I actually got one with the car, I'll have to look it over and make sure it isn't damaged. If it is I know where to go!

Quote Originally Posted by player1up View Post
    I'll email it over, it's an 8MB .pdf, it's just some of the stock chrysler stuff. I wish it had the actual wiring diagrams.
    I still would like to get my hands on a "build book" if one ever existed.

oh, I do believe that some stock sensors are left off in favor of the senders for the vdo gauges. Basically like a new motor swap in an old car, the only stock sensors used are the ones needed to run the engine.
    That's what it's looking like.

So here's what I've found out so far. All of the aftermarket gauge sensors go to the 6 way trailer style connector under the dash and the speedometer is the 4 other wires. Here's what I believe is the color code for each of the sensors

Yellow - Oil Pressure
    Blue - Oil Temp
    Red - Trans Temp
    Green - Tach
    Brown - Water Temp
    White - Fuel Sender

It looks like the Curt brand 6 way square connector or similar is what was used for this and also for the power mirror connector
    5 male 1 female connector PN 58037
    5 female 1 male connector PN 58035
    12 inch loop with both connectors PN 58034

I'm going to order the 5 male connector and verify it fits, I can't imagine it wouldn't.

Trying to figure out the fitting for the clutch slave cylinder. The threads in the slave cylinder and hose look to be 3/8-24 which would fit 3/16 brake line hardware or -3AN fittings. The slave looks like it would either require a relatively long -3AN fitting to reach the taper at the bottom or more likely just a fitting that would seal flat against the top surface. The hose looks like it would definitely require an AN fitting but the hose doesn't have a swivel on it so I guess I could screw the fitting into the slave then attach the hose and tighten before mounting it in the car although that seems kind of hokey. I spent some time looking through earls fittings and haven't found exactly what I think I would need so I may have to combine a few fittings.

So here's what I'm thinking use the adapter with the sealing washer on the slave cylinder

Then screwing this adapter with swivel onto the hose

Hybrid booster

I'll see if I can grab a pic of mine today. I seem to remember them having a 90° somewhere in the original setup. That's quite a few pictures I owe you. I'm pretty sure I still have the old lines in a box somewhere.

No problem, I have a boat load of things to work on in the meantime. I have a 2 1/2 year old that takes up much of my time so this will be a slow moving project. Plus I will be starting a new job next week.

Hybrid booster

My slave cylinder appeared cobbled together with multiple different AN fittings. Did not allow for enough movement to fully disengage clutch.
    we moved slave cylinder, ran all the same size AN fittings and braided stainless lines.
    Long story short I think original was over-engineered, or more likely under engineered.

Yeah, I had one pic that was kind of hard to see that I was looking at and it looked just like that, a bunch of random fittings that extended the hose out and then down. I though about just using the straight but I think that will put an excessive strain on the hose.

Anyone with a dual fan car replaced their fans? I need to order fans for my car one of these days and was wondering if I need anything special. I know it's a 10 inch fan but is there anything specific with the mounting? All the dual fan cars seem to have a trim panel over the rear of the car covering up how they are mounted.

Got the parts for my Slave Cylinder Pushrod setup. I couldn't justify paying $30 just for the universal pushrod from pegasus so I rounded off the back of a grade 5 5/16-24 x 4 inch bolt that was $0.99 and got a heim joint to attach to that. The 4 inch bolt might be just a bit to long but I can cut that down easy enough. Forgot to get a jam nut so I'll have to pick one of those up.

Here's what the 24.99 + shipping rod looks like.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by bfarroo View Post
    Anyone with a dual fan car replaced their fans? I need to order fans for my car one of these days and was wondering if I need anything special. I know it's a 10 inch fan but is there anything specific with the mounting? All the dual fan cars seem to have a trim panel over the rear of the car covering up how they are mounted.
    The fans are mounted to a plate with holes for the fans, they screw in from the front, thus no mounting screws are visible....I was going to try and describe it, but it was more confusing. I'll have to pull the spoiler and snap a few pics.

I'll see if my fans have part numbers on them.
    Parts list shows: DD00830 , POWER FAN-10" PUSHER (A/C) but Danhard website lists 00830M-P as a 9", so I'm a little confused.
    Last edited by player1up; 02-17-2016 at 11:06 AM.

Measuring the opening I don't think a standard 10 inch fan would fit so 9 inch makes sense.

I got the slave cylinder fittings I ordered this week and tried them today. The issue I'm running into now is the snout on the fitting to connect to the line is to long before the threads begin so it won't engage the threads on the hose connector. I'm guessing the hose isn't setup for an AN fitting and is more for 3/8-24 brake fittings although it still looks like it's setup for a tapered fitting. I'm going to try and remove the hose and see what is on the other end. I guess worst case I get a -3 AN hose and be done with it.

Here's what was on the other end which was connected to a AN bulkhead connector. Is this part of a make your own line fitting?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast