Thread: WTB Early T1 Spearco Intercooler Kit

turbo addict

WTB Early T1 Spearco Intercooler Kit

Looking for an original Spearco Intercooler kit for an early T1 (84-87) A complete kit would be great with an intake and everything. I know this is a unicorn but hey I can dream. I don't want an over the top MP kit.
    Brad Pennington-Proud SDAC Member 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger 1988 Chrysler Lebaron Premium Turbo Convertible 1990 Dodge Shadow VNT Competition 1 of 30

turbo addict

Re: WTB Early T1 Spearco Intercooler Kit

Hey Brad,
    If you do find one note that they made both 3 and 3.5" thick versions of them. The 3" version used epoxy to seal ends and the 3.5" did not. Obviously the 3.5" version is more desirable to have. LMK if you have any questions on them, I know them well, as I have owned several of them over the years. Still have one on my 85 GLHT.
    Todd

turbo addict

Thanks Todd I didn't know that. I had an 85 GLHT back in the early 90's with one.
    Brad Pennington-Proud SDAC Member 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger 1988 Chrysler Lebaron Premium Turbo Convertible 1990 Dodge Shadow VNT Competition 1 of 30

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

I recently pieced together my own complete Spearco kit for my old '85 Omni GLH. I had to source parts from a few different people to complete it.

If you are interested, I can see what I have for extras. I have another intercooler (3" core), but the outlet was re welded at some point and doesn't point in the right direction.

turbo addict

See what you have. I have another guy that has the intercooler and intake but nothing else. Having some extra parts would be great too.

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    I recently pieced together my own complete Spearco kit for my old '85 Omni GLH. I had to source parts from a few different people to complete it.

If you are interested, I can see what I have for extras. I have another intercooler (3" core), but the outlet was re welded at some point and doesn't point in the right direction.

turbo addict

Bump!!

Hybrid booster

Is that the kit that had the intercooler between the block and air filter box?

turbo addict

Yes it has a different intake and moves the throttle body. The intercooler sits over the transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by spiro440 View Post
    Is that the kit that had the intercooler between the block and air filter box?

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by bradp View Post
    Yes it has a different intake and moves the throttle body. The intercooler sits over the transmission.
    I sold one complete kit a while back. I know the guy never used it. Let me see if I can track him down.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by spiro440 View Post
    I sold one complete kit a while back. I know the guy never used it. Let me see if I can track him down.
    That would be awesome!!

Hybrid booster

Got the info Unfortunately it was sold on ebay last year!! It even had the lower shroud that chanelled the air to the intercooler!! There has got to be another one out there?