Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shadow Electrical Shakedown

Re: Shadow Electrical Shakedown

Norhing looks damaged though, other than the really old casing

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I've found the wiring under the dash to generally be in good condition unless there has been water or excessive chafing. Nothing beats pulling the old harness to completely recondition it, but it sure is a pain. I would try to go after the obvious problems and work my way back.

Is there anything I should definitely look at? Otherwise I'm going to clean all connectors and put it back together and see what happens.

In my experience the harnesses are often abused at the connectors to sensors etc. as the strain relief from the factory isn't always reinstalled when service occurs. The harness in my black GLHT had about 3 of the strands from one wire still in tact at the coolant temp sensor. I chased a boost cutout issue for a long time before finally buying and installing a new harness. That completely solved the problem although I'm fairly certain it was right at the connectors.

This is working out well. Cleaning everything up as I get it back together. Did find one thing I am concerned about.

The red runs to the starer :/ this cable is right between the head and turbo and runs over by the header. Cant seem to get a good look at it and see where it goes. Pretty sure its just the loom that melted on it and the wires are fine, but want to figure out how to get a better look at it.
    Also cleaning up the harness by the computer where some work has been done.
    Plus just wiping everyting down while I'm at it and cleaning each connector.

Apparently you can barely see the red cable in this shot, its what the black metly stuff is on

That red cable goes to the starter. It's the main feed for it off of the battery. If there were a problem with it you'd know. Don't put the bolt in the starter that goes into the bottom next time you have it out and it'll make pulling the starter along with the starter wiring way easier. I've only used the two bolts at the top of the starter for over a decade now with no issues.

Haven't forgotten about the car. Just had an offer on a house accepted. Have to scramble to get the house ready to sell (current residence). Next week is the last day of the class I teach on the side. This weekend was a conference....gah when to find the time...
    Probably going to have to tow it to the new place, struggle to get it up the driveway and into the new garage, and then it will probably sit for months as I work on remodeling the new place :/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12