Thread: Video SEMA Dart GLH

Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

turbo addict

Re: Video SEMA Dart GLH

And today FCA announced they are killing the dart and the 200.

Hybrid booster

So, Ford, http://www.motortrend.com/news/2016-...-drive-review/, is the only American car company that has a competitive 4 cyl car for the world market. Too bad no one at Fiat/Chrysler believed in a Dart that was really worthy of the GLH badge.
    Last edited by 88C/S; 01-28-2016 at 02:38 AM.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor ajakeski's Avatar

AWD Challenger, because the RWD Challenger wans't heavy enough.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor mopar-tech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    And today FCA announced they are killing the dart and the 200.
    Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

Working on clearing the decks.

turbo addict

"GLH... it was used by other vehicles in the 80's"

I stopped caring after that.

Couldn't get a worst sales man in there.

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Really sad. I love my Mopars, but it's been a continuous down-hill spiral ever since Daimler bought them. The Charger & Challenger are cool, but not realistic for most folks. The new Ram trucks have awesome styling, but I don't really have a use for one. Other than that, there really isn't anything they offer that excites me enough to even visit a dealership. Plus, I have no desire for a car payment right now.

I think I'm just going to stick with my old TM's for now and enjoy them...

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor mopar-tech's Avatar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-07-12 09.13.40.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	57220

Quote Originally Posted by 83scamp View Post
    The Charger & Challenger are cool, but not realistic for most folks.
    I drive the wheels off mine all year round and the whole family fits fine. Price was very reasonable too, dealer lopped a good chunk off to get it out the door.

Working on clearing the decks.

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by mopar-tech View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-07-12 09.13.40.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	57220

I drive the wheels off mine all year round and the whole family fits fine. Price was very reasonable too, dealer lopped a good chunk off to get it out the door.

OK, I was actually referring more to the Hellcat & R/T versions. Should have been more clear... I personally would never pay $30K for a car. Certainly not the $50K+(or whatever they go for) they want for a hellcat...

The standard Chargers are good family cars, a bit big for my taste. I got to drive once once as a rental for work. Felt like I was driving a tank down the road... seemed like I was always going to hit something on the side of the road because it was so wide....

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 83scamp View Post

The standard Chargers are good family cars, a bit big for my taste. I got to drive once once as a rental for work. Felt like I was driving a tank down the road... seemed like I was always going to hit something on the side of the road because it was so wide....
    It is a big car. The high sills make it feel even bigger. Half of me would like the idea of picking up a well-cared for R/T a couple years old. Maybe a lease return. Their resale value is terrible, but they are bargains to second owners. But, as with all modern Chryslers, drivetrain reliability keeps me away. A friend of mine has an '07 Charger, bought it new with the lifetime warranty. It had some sort of electronic trans controller type thing fail last year that would have been a very expensive repair out of warranty.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

boostaholic

Awkward.. "used by some other vehicles in the 80's." Didn't want to embarrass the 80's Shelby's by associating them with this thing? :P
    MinivanRider

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    It is a big car. The high sills make it feel even bigger. Half of me would like the idea of picking up a well-cared for R/T a couple years old. Maybe a lease return. Their resale value is terrible, but they are bargains to second owners. But, as with all modern Chryslers, drivetrain reliability keeps me away. A friend of mine has an '07 Charger, bought it new with the lifetime warranty. It had some sort of electronic trans controller type thing fail last year that would have been a very expensive repair out of warranty.
    ECU failures are relatively rare. Half the time they get replaced and they didn't even cause the problem. When it comes to LX cars stick with either the hemi or 3.6. The 2.7 is, well a 2.7. The 3.5 is OK but for some reason rocker shafts go bad. Charger resale values aren't bad? Around here base model se chargers that are 3-4 years old are still close to 20k. Probably looking at 25-30k for a decent r/t. There is a reason Chrysler sells more large cars than everyone else.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    I don't know how many miles he's got, but there is a certain insection interval required to maintain the lifetime powertrain warranty.
    My mom's '09 pt cruiser had an engine issue and we found out the hard way it would not be covered. Somewhere around 60-70k miles you have to bring to the dealer for some inspection or certify to continue with the lifetime warranty.
    (For the record, the issue that should have been covered was a blown headgasket and burnt valves. Root cause was determined (by an outside mechanic who used to work at a dealership) to be a headbolt hole in the block was not properly drilled and tapped deep enough to achieve proper torque.)
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Yes he's definitely aware of the requirements to maintain his warranty. I'm sure FCA will be just as diligent in finding reasons to deny claims.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=