Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boost Button T/SBEC Stage II cal

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Boost Button T/SBEC Stage II cal

dan, when rob m and i were working on the 91 3.0 v6 cal we experienced the same issue and were able to resolve it by commenting out some very specific code in that cal. when i get back home from vacation i'll see if the v3 code has it commented out also.

*********edit**********
    couldn't wait. i looked at the v3 code and this line "jsr EmmissionMaintenanceRemider1_MM" is NOT commented out where that line in the v4 code is. you could search for that line in the v3 .asm file and put a semicolon in from of it like this ";jsr EmmissionMaintenanceRemider1_MM". then recompile your template with mptune and see if that helps. there are a couple more routines that may affect it but i need to compare the v6 cal to the v3 code to confirm what all needs to be done.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Thanks! I will try that in the morning. I was actually looking at that same part earlier, flipping between the V3 .asm and the V4 .asm in wordpad windows looking for the differences. I didn't have much of a clue though.

might want to download notepad++

it's pretty slick and has some pretty good plugins, especially the hex viewer.

Mitsu booster

I had read that the EMR was only for the Dakota so in the configuration flags I checked the VNT boost control since Dakota's don't have turbos and the EMR issue stopped. I am using a manual boost controller so checking that box didn't matter. It would be nice if the problem with v4 could be fixed so we could use it.
    Last edited by beaglemaster; 06-28-2018 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post

*********edit**********
    couldn't wait. i looked at the v3 code and this line "jsr EmmissionMaintenanceRemider1_MM" is NOT commented out where that line in the v4 code is. you could search for that line in the v3 .asm file and put a semicolon in from of it like this ";jsr EmmissionMaintenanceRemider1_MM". then recompile your template with mptune and see if that helps.
    I'm pretty sure that took care of it. I will need to try it on a longer cruise tomorrow to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by beaglemaster View Post
    I had read that the EMR was only for the Dakota so in the configuration flags I checked the VNT boost control since Dakota's don't have turbos and the EMR issue stopped. I am using a manual boost controller so checking that box didn't matter. It would be nice if the problem with v4 could be fixed so we could use it.
    That's interesting. When I first tested a v3 CSX cal I hadn't disabled the VNT boost control, but I don't think I put any miles on it before disabling the VNT boost control to take care of the Check Engine light.

I'm also hoping the v4 cals can be fixed. I was planning to use the WB2NB feature. I'm sure in time there will be a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan H View Post
    That's interesting. When I first tested a v3 CSX cal I hadn't disabled the VNT boost control, but I don't think I put any miles on it before disabling the VNT boost control to take care of the Check Engine light.

I'm also hoping the v4 cals can be fixed. I was planning to use the WB2NB feature. I'm sure in time there will be a fix.
    looking at the v3 code.

checking the vnt boost control option bypasses the routine i mentioned above. so that may be a quick fix to the issue. don't know what other problems that may cause. best option in the long run is to change the code to avoid the eprom write for the emr stuff.

Mitsu booster

I agree, the problem it would cause is the check engine light comes on and codes set for missing VNT control solenoids, wasn't a problem for me as I already had the VNT controls. It was a quick fix to give me a working cal until the problem with t-sbec v4 is fixed.

The suggestion wowzer gave above seems to have solved the problem. I was able to take a longer cruise this morning to confirm.

When I was first comparing the two .asm files I think I was only looking at the routine itself. I think the fix was actually where the routine was called for, now it's ignored. Maybe I can learn this stuff after all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12