Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TIII All-Metal Radiators

Garrett booster

TIII All-Metal Radiators

I just noticed that the twin row, all metal radiators didn't came from factory in any US spec car. I live right across the AZ border (Nogales, Sonora, Mexico) and have access to these metal radiators. They came from factory in the Spirit R/T and Phantom R/T with the TIII, so they will be direct replacement for the US spec Spirit R/T, not sure if it will fit others. The price for the NEW radiators is $200 + shipping. It will be better for me to place a single order so I can have them all shipped at the same time. These NEED to be fabricated because they only have 2 in stock, so it will take AT LEAST 10 days before I can ship them through USPS. I don't know how much shipping will be, so that can be covered as soon as the radiators are ready.

I think the best thing will be to make a list of the 100% interested people. I will give it a week and then make a first order, so this list will be closed 01/28/16. If you are interested in more than 1, just repeat your username.

If you have any additional questions you can send me a PM or an e-mail at luis_coronado95@hotmail.com.

boostaholic

Re: TIII All-Metal Radiators

1. Lotashelbys-Jackson Simler

boostaholic

wow that is awesome. pity they cant make L body rads. That would be sweet.

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

2. 3B3XA66A-Frank Hanzlik

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor DOHCRT's Avatar

3. DOHCRT - Vic Dobney

Would like to hear a shipping quote though, I'm in Phoenix so if anyone else in the general area wants to road trip it to save shipping let me know.

Vic in Phoenix
    dohcrt@cox.net

91 Spirit R/T x4
    92 Spirit R/T x2
    89 CSX
    88 CSX-TIII
    84 Rampage TII
    97 Ram (Buzzin Half Dozen)
    69 Dart GT 'Vert

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCRT View Post
    3. DOHCRT - Vic Dobney

Would like to hear a shipping quote though, I'm in Phoenix so if anyone else in the general area wants to road trip it to save shipping let me know.
    I will be shipping from Nogales, AZ. I don't know an exact shipping quote because I don't have exact measurements and weight. I took estimated measurements and weight and shipping to Canada is $80 so it should be much cheaper to the US.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

3. DOHCRT - Vic Dobney
    4. Vigo - Adam Moore

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor DOHCRT's Avatar

I contacted the company that produces these and was told there are 2 part numbers, one was a 2 row the other is a 3 row. Have you checked on the 3 row?

Vic in Phoenix
    dohcrt@cox.net

91 Spirit R/T x4
    92 Spirit R/T x2
    89 CSX
    88 CSX-TIII
    84 Rampage TII
    97 Ram (Buzzin Half Dozen)
    69 Dart GT 'Vert

Garrett booster

Interested in 1 or 2. Does anyone have a photo of this radiator installed? The filler neck is a concern for me. It doesn't appear that the factory overflow bottle will fit properly compared to a factory rad.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by spirit1991 View Post
    Interested in 1 or 2. Does anyone have a photo of this radiator installed? The filler neck is a concern for me. It doesn't appear that the factory overflow bottle will fit properly compared to a factory rad.
    Hmmm,good question,the Mexican cars did have a different overflow bottle compared to the US cars...

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCRT View Post
    I contacted the company that produces these and was told there are 2 part numbers, one was a 2 row the other is a 3 row. Have you checked on the 3 row?
    I called them yesterday but they told me it was the same radiator. I will call again in the afternoon to check on that. But, if there's a 3 row available, it will be more expensive.

Garrett booster

The filler neck is different from the factory radiators, but the mexican overflow bottle fits perfectly, no modifications needed.

Garrett booster

There was a mexan all-metal radiator sold about a month ago here in the forum. If someone could get the buyer's contact, you could ask him if the overflow bottle fitted correctly. Here's a link to the thread: http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...light=radiator

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by 19luis8510 View Post
    There was a mexan all-metal radiator sold about a month ago here in the forum. If someone could get the buyer's contact, you could ask him if the overflow bottle fitted correctly. Here's a link to the thread: http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...light=radiator
    This one is a different style. Notice the slanted filler neck. This being the reason I didn't buy it. Also I believe the buyer was putting it into a TC.

Garrett booster

This one is a different style. Notice the slanted filler neck. This being the reason I didn't buy it. Also I believe the buyer was putting it into a TC.
    It's not a different style. Both, slanted or not, are a direct fit for the Mexican turbo cars, only thing that changes is the company. The OEM Mopar radiators come with the slanted filler neck. Proliance was the only company who made aftermarket radiators with the slanted filler neck, the rest of them have always made the radiators with the long filler neck, but both radiators are direct replacement for the Mexican turbo cars.

Garrett booster

Here's a picture of an OEM radiator, notice it has the slant filler neck. These is how they came from factory, but the aftermarket metal radiators are made with the long filler neck, and fitment is exactly the same, even with the overflow tank.

Mitsu booster

3. DOHCRT - Vic Dobney
    4. Vigo - Adam Moore
    5. RT16V - Blaine Jansen

Would certainly like to be sure the US spec overflow bottle fits, though. It actually does look like it might.

Blaine

Garrett booster

Can anybody send me detailed pictures of a US spec overflow bottle? Also, it will be better to have measurement from one mounting tab to the other, to make sure it will fit correctly.

Garrett booster

UPDATE: I just contacted the company who is going to fabricate these radiators. Just like DOHCRT said, one part is for a 2-row radiator and another part number is for a 3-row radiator. The ones I will be exporting to the US will be 3-row radiators, so that's even better for all of you interested people. There's only two available ready to ship. After this two are gone, they will need to fabricate them and the price MOST LIKELY will go up a bit, depending on the orders. If anybody wants a 2-row radiator, they will go for $175.00 + shipping, and there's also two available, ready to ship. After these are gone, they will have to fabricate more and price will also go up a bit.

So, I will save this group buy for the radiators that will need to be fabricated. If anybody is interested in purchasing any of the four radiators available (two 2-row and two 3-row), send me a PM so we can arrange payment and shipping details.

Garrett booster

Here are some pictures of a 2-row metal radiator installed in a TIII Phantom R/T.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast