Thread: ROLL BARS AND CAGES 2016 season

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

ROLL BARS AND CAGES 2016 season

Looking for some input on the rules for this year. Sometime recently I heard something about extra contact points now, but all I remember is I was legal for 10.00 or slower no certs with a 6 point cage (8 point minus the main hoop supports)..but was told that won't fly anymore.. Before i go thru all kinds of work for nothing and I hate that rule book layout cause one section says this but another section says that... drives me batty. Also the door bars from the main hoop to the front bars, are you still allowed to have the door bars welded to that then the front bars to the floor plates or do they have to be seperate now too? Now that my car is a street car I know some rules used to be different from track only cars...thanks for any input...
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

Re: ROLL BARS AND CAGES 2016 season

Looking at the 2015 - 2016 delta pdf, I didn't see anything about roll bars or cages. My first thought is that for the diagonal braces for the main hoop have to go to a bar stretching between the legs of the hoop for cars cars without a hardened trans tunnel (ie FWD) on the 8-pt cages...

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Re: ROLL BARS AND CAGES 2016 season

I have not heard of any 2016 updates but need to check. haven't got a rule book yet.

I think the 6-pt rules are the same as they have been for the past few years required at 11.49, good till 10.00.

For 6pt BAR it is a main hoop, two rear bars going to top bar of main hoop and two door bars. TECHNICALLY you can get away with a 5pt (no passenger side door bar required) and also a roll bar does not have to be certified so most are not even looked at by track officials.

For 10pt CAGE (required 9.99) you have the min hoop, back bars, door bars, a-pillar bars, roof hoop and "D" bars that go from the crotch of seat belt brace and main hoop down to the trans tunnel. I have some info posted here:
    http://www.badassperformance.com/mri...cage/cage.html

Now in 2013, the rules changed regarding the "D" bars specific for FWD cars. Apparently some FWD cars have thinner floor pans and the previous rule had those bars welded to the tunnel without a 6"x6" plate like the other points. I never understood this because they could punch thru the floor! Now the rule update states that there needs to be a crossmember welded between the bottoms of the main hoop legs and the "D" bars are to weld to the cross member. Apparently this is not required on RWD cars because the trans tunnel is thicker metal (BS)

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.