Thread: Giving the wood to a goat

Garrett booster

Giving the wood to a goat

So I was cursing with my woody out yesterday (87 Lebaron Town and Country woody wagon, ugly as all hell) and I noticed a bright yellow Pontiac GTO coming up on me. I've been itching for some competition to see how the old girl actually does compared to something other than a Naturally aspirated Talon, and this GTO might do the trick. So the guy passes without even noticing the wagon. I drop behind him and we are just cruising at about 70-75. He opens it up a little to get in front of some cars and merge onto a different expressway, which I was planning on getting on also, so I just stayed with him and followed onto the clover leaf. Once we get through the off ramp he darts over to the left lane and hits it. I follow and am quickly back on his bumper, this time pushing 95mph. But we ran into some traffic, so it was time to slow down to around 80. The car in front of him moves over, and the road is wide open in front of him, he starts pulling away from me and I know it's on like Donkey Kong!!! I mash the pedal and the old woody starts to do it's thing and is reeling the GTO in fast enough that I make a lane change and start passing him, at 115 MPH!!!! He had to be going between 105 and 110 himself, and I just went by him like it was nothing, and the wagon just wanted to keep pulling. I backed out of it and so did he, but as he slowly passed his girlfriend wouldn't even turn to look, she just kept her head down. We got off on the same exit and the driver was just looking with his mouth dropped. How could his bright yellow, very clean, GTO just get walked by a station wagon???? Because it's a turbo dodge, thats what we do!!!

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Re: Giving the wood to a goat

Nice!
    (Not that i encourage street racing... )
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

boostaholic

Nice kill, I have worked over so many of those over the years, those cars just don't work for some reason

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Nice!

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

turbo addict

cursing with your woody out? Sounds like indecent exposure to me.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Enjoyed that. Thanks
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia