Thread: RockAuto Suspension Kit

Garrett booster

RockAuto Suspension Kit

I'm hoping someone can help me with a question. I have a 2010 Caliber, not the SRT version but my issue is Caliber universal. Basically my front suspension feels worn out. Tire rods are shot and I've had a ball joint failure in the past (all before 90,000 miles!).

I'm looking at the RockAuto suspension kit for the Calibers, P/N: KIT263. Has anyone used this thing before?
    The description seems to include everything I need for the front end. At $224 that's a bargain I think.

Any opinions/stories/suggestions are appreciated. I don't want to swap everything again 10,000 miles after this...

Thanks in advance!

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: RockAuto Suspension Kit

Not had any personal experience with this kit, but Moog is pretty much the best there is. I wouldn't be afraid of it...

turbo addict

I've used Moog stuff before on several vehicles of various makes, and it's great stuff. However, the control arms in that kit are the "R" series (part number starts with "R"), not their "problem solver" line. The problem solver ball joints (k500063) and vertical control arm bushings (k200800) are available separately, and if you can press that stuff in/ out yourself, I would do that versus basically buying oem quality control arms again.

When we had to replace the vertical bushing on my Neon SRT-4 back in 2007, we had to use the regular rubber Moog replacement, not the new socket design they came out with in the last few years.

Garrett booster

Thanks for the feedback! I went with the kit for now, though I will have to make a note that the ball joints are not of the utmost quality. Unfortunately the Christmas budget doesn't allow for all the goodies. I can always press it out in the future though.

I'll update on the ride quality once it's all installed!

Garrett booster

Update: After installing the suspension kit I gotta say I'm happy with the change. Car feels solid again, no more creaking or rattling.
    You could see the crappiness of the tie rods that were in there compared to the Moogs, it's a shame for the Dodge brand that they cut corners in the suspension area.

Either way, the kit was definitely worth the money, all of the boxes read "Problem Solver" and in my opinion, the did solve my problem!