Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need mp3 aux input ideas.

Hybrid booster

Re: Need mp3 aux input ideas.

I may try this, I found a stash of oscilloscopes at work...

boostaholic

I looked up the chips on his custom circuit board and figured out what the circuit is doing. One of the chips is a solid state switch that changes the input from cassette to the aux input, and the other smaller chip is a microcontroller that he programmed himself. The microcontroller senses input from the auxiliary input and then tells the switch chip to change from the cassette to the aux input, and presumably back when no audio is present. Pretty cool, but I don't know anything about writing the programming for the microcontroller. I guess I need to teach myself how to code!
    84 Laser XE TII A555 89 Caravan SE TIV A568

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor amoparx's Avatar

Thanks Ben. I was going to ask you. I guess it's not something I'd be able to do. I'll just keep using the cassette adapters and find a cool after market radio in time. I do have a radio adapter bezel kit I picked up a couple weeks ago.
    Bob Doherty..... mnsdac.com
    Coon Rapids, MN
    '90 Chysler TC
    '87 Shelby GLHS #784
    '87 Shelby GLHS #654

'87 Shelby Charger
    '89 Daytona Shelby TII T-Top
    '89 Lebaron Convert TII
    '89 Lebaron Convert TI auto

SDAC Member.expires 05/2016.MNSDAC Vice President

For $200 and a stock look, you wouldn't be able to do it for cheaper (time, mainly) and know it works. That's pretty sweet! I bought a Motorola headphone jack Bluetooth adapter for my girlfriend's son for his truck, which has an AUX port. He loves it, so something like this and that thing (only $30) is a good alternative to aftermarket radios.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Jon,

Does the Bluetooth audio adapter have the aux input, or the trucks factory radio? I presume it's the trucks factory radio, but just want to make sure.

Bob,

I am working on this, as I want to add Bluetooth to the factory radio in my 94 Cadillac, and it shouldn't be any harder to do the same to one of the Chrysler CD Cassette combo units. My only fear is space inside the unit as they are pretty crammed full as it is, and I'm not sure there is much extra room for additional circuitry. The guy who added an Aux input into his factory radio has posted the code he used on the micro controller, and I should be able to burn it easily with my chip burner that I use for the Chrysler computers. I'm working on my own design though that has a little more functionality to make it easier for the end user, and integrated Bluetooth. I will let you know how it goes.
    84 Laser XE TII A555 89 Caravan SE TIV A568

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor amoparx's Avatar

That would be great Ben.
    Bob Doherty..... mnsdac.com
    Coon Rapids, MN
    '90 Chysler TC
    '87 Shelby GLHS #784
    '87 Shelby GLHS #654

'87 Shelby Charger
    '89 Daytona Shelby TII T-Top
    '89 Lebaron Convert TII
    '89 Lebaron Convert TI auto

SDAC Member.expires 05/2016.MNSDAC Vice President

Here is what I bought him. I'm on my phone, but this is the name of it. His truck has an auxiliary port, this plugs in and he bluetooths to it. It powers up when his truck starts and his phone automatically connects. It does need NFC to pair up and then Bluetooth to transmit sound.

Here is the link

Motorola Moto Stream Universal Bluetooth Bridge
    Last edited by minigts; 01-14-2016 at 02:23 AM.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

I'm actually working on something. I picked up a BC127 dev board from Sparkfun.

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11924

The benefit of this chip over the RN-52 is that the BC127 has a configurable pin that can "activate" the +12V input on the back of the factory head units with the aux CD player input.

I'm still at least a few months off of a working prototype though, unfortunately. The dev board does work nicely though. I'm trying to figure out a clean way of powering it up and powering it down. If you just remove power it takes a minute for the phone to realize the bluetooth connection is broken. Powering it down using a sequential set of pins triggers the BC127 to "disconnect" before it powers off.

I'll post something in the project section eventually. Expecting a second child on Feb 3, so..... yeah.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12