Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: MPSciLink

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: MPSciLink

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    Can we have an update on this?
    I am ready to test one. Or at least ready to figure out how i need to prepare the car for one.
    Hi Wayne,
    The boards are in Canada now as they spent four days touring California compliments of UPS. My guess they thought the country code of Canada was California. A soon as I receive them, I will populate a board for Morris to test. Once the prototype boards get the thumbs up we can proceed to order large quantities.
    Wayne, I am willing to let you acquire my earmarked protoboard after I assemble and test, if you are interested as I can wait for the second run.
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chromguy View Post
    Hi Wayne,
    The boards are in Canada now as they spent four days touring California compliments of UPS. My guess they thought the country code of Canada was California. A soon as I receive them, I will populate a board for Morris to test. Once the prototype boards get the thumbs up we can proceed to order large quantities.
    Wayne, I am willing to let you acquire my earmarked protoboard after I assemble and test, if you are interested as I can wait for the second run.
    Thanks Miles. Since i can't contribute much to the build and development, i'd like to see how i could contribute with function/reliability testing. I'd be happy to work with you however i can.

I might be having some issues with my laptop and need another means to datalog. Trying to get MPScandroid setup to use for now but have a missing ram description that is in the windows version (AFRwb).
    Anyway, the real push for me is to collect data from these other inputs i wanted: intake temp, egt, trans temp, fuel press, AFRwb (raw from instrument). Race season is now upon us!

How will these inputs be terminated at the device? Terminal block? Some type of plug? The input will be single wire? I'd like to try and get any wires i need run from the gauges ready. Is the device planned for engine bay mounting, or in the cabin?
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Wayne,
    We have not selected an enclosure so I would guess inside would be best. The input connections are screw terminal at 0.2" apart. I will post pictures once I assembly the first board.
    Regards,
    Miles

Cool.
    I think one of my gauges i think provides a signal ground if using the output. In those instances what would we do?
    Wayne H.

'89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw

boostaholic

I can't wait to see these. The weather is starting to get nice and I 'll be getting the Turbo Z out again. Once you get it working I'd love to throw one in my car.

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    Cool.
    I think one of my gauges i think provides a signal ground if using the output. In those instances what would we do?
    Wayne,
    I have placed multiple grounding points on the board for you to attached your signal grounds, NP
    Regards,
    Miles

Now that you mention it, I remember now seeing some ground points on your board layout. Nice! :thumbup:
    Wayne H.

Hello All,
    Here is a picture of the first assembled board, ready for electrical testing over the weekend then it is off to Wowzer for final test with software. And there are 6 ground screw terminals for Wayne and another four for pin connection or solder

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...UdYU1pPVUZKRGc

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3qZZUQ9qnBlbkI2bjB4bnFHTmM

Last edited by chromguy; 03-25-2016 at 02:13 PM.
    Regards,
    Miles

Interesting. Going to make a case for it? Maybe get with ajaleski about designing a case or something, unless you have a 3D printer or you could design it and then have that company make it that he's using for the dome light, just a thought. Looks great though.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Interesting. Going to make a case for it? Maybe get with ajaleski about designing a case or something, unless you have a 3D printer or you could design it and then have that company make it that he's using for the dome light, just a thought. Looks great though.
    Wowzer and I have looked at cases but no decision thus far. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Regards,
    Miles

boostaholic

Hey whats going on with this project?

i've been using mine for about a month. it logs great but i am having issues with the chip reading/flashing. don't know if it's isolated to mine or not. when i go back to my breadboard setup i can read/flash just fine. chromguy is preparing a couple more for testing shortly by others. hopefully will be able to resolve the problem then. in the meantime i've rewritten alot of the new mpscandroid program to work with the ftdi cable again. so worst case users can use that until the mpscilink device is released. wheming has been helping me sort out the bugs.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Morris, I've spent some time yesterday installing and soldering instrument wires for the eventual use with the mpscilink device.
    I have output wires connected from my dual thermocouple (along with signal ground), as well as the MTX-L outputs for narrowband and wideband (and their signal ground).

I still need to remove the pins from some connectors on my SpeedHut gauges (trans temp, and fuel press) so i can solder some output wires on the sensor wires.

But, I'm ready to user function test the aux input setup/logging if i can be of further help to the mpscilink project.
    Wayne H.

we're still working on resolving a potential issue that prevents the device from reliably flashing/reading a chip. all the software stuff is done. logging works nicely using your mobile device as well as reading analog port stuff. i think i mentioned you can also edit the bin on the mobile device. we did change the buttons out and are now using a joystick instead to navigate menus.

I know this is close to complete. But i'm still very anxious!
    Wayne H.

fwiw, sending my device to wayne tomorrow so hopefully he gets it in time to hook it up and get it running so he can demo it at sdac. there's a number of tweaks/changes we need to make yet before the final product is released but this should be a good test bed for it. i had really hoped to get there this year to meet everybody but have too many things on the burner. let's hope this works!!!

i am also planning on what the next version may look like. i've got a maple mini i want to experiment with, as well as looking at a bigger touch screen option (like this one https://nextion.itead.cc/)

Garrett booster

Any updates on this?

I am going to be testing out the most recent changes today. Morris (wowzer) just sent me some updates and i hope to test them this afternoon.
    Wayne H.

wayne has been using my prototype for a number of months. he would have better input on how it is working. i just sent him another software update to hopefully make the initial bluetooth pairing more consistent/stable as well as trying to stabilize the analog port readings. if this last version works better i think miles (chromguy) has the latest hardware revision ready to go, so all we would need to do is put it in production. we do need to come up with a nice enclosure to protect the device as well as a mount of some sort for the 4 line digital display and joystick. i also purchased a different screen a couple months ago that i haven't had time to play with that hopefully would work better than the cheap 4x20 character one i am currently using. also, looking at moving from the arduino to an esp32 chip system. but waiting a little longer for the hardware/software libraries to be better supported.

maybe wayne can upload a short video of the unit some time in the near future.

turbo addict

Seems like a great new tool

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast