Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: MPSciLink

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: MPSciLink

If you need help getting the WBO2 incorporated, I did get the Bosch CJ125 working in my project:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?77041

Unfortunately I haven't done anything since the last post in that thread. Expecting our second child in 9 days.....

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by vprtech View Post

I don't know about others, but you can sign me up for five or ten of these

Is it possible to both log via sd card and display at the same time ?
    Five or ten, fantastic!!! I believe it can log and display at the same time, but Wowzer can confirm.
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo SOB View Post
    If you need help getting the WBO2 incorporated, I did get the Bosch CJ125 working in my project:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?77041

Unfortunately I haven't done anything since the last post in that thread. Expecting our second child in 9 days.....
    Turbo SOB, I was unaware of your project! Thanks for the link......Excellent work and documentation!
    Regards,
    Miles

currently it's set up separately but that sure could be changed......... when logging i hated to slow things down very much do to the latency in the lcd screen update process. i'll play with it a bit.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    gotta admit that the lack of feedback has me wondering if this device is not something members are interested in. if not then i'll just finish it out for myself and not bore anybody with this. lmk.
    in rereading this just wanted to make sure that this post was not meant to convey frustration but simply a query. i can see that some may have interpreted this to be a dig of some sorts. sorry if it came across that way.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

in rereading this just wanted to make sure that this post was not meant to convey frustration but simply a query. i can see that some may have interpreted this to be a dig of some sorts. sorry if it came across that way.
    I just ran across this thread today. I had no idea it was going on. I'll definitely be keeping tabs on this project.

I'm personally interested in understanding how the SCI data can be read by a UART port on an embedded micro. I hope that you don't see my project as a potential competing product. If I eventually do make something that I can sell, it will only be for the cost of the parts. I just figured there's enough interest in your projects that I could just take mine to the extreme and not worry about scaling it to have "cost effective" versions.

hey - i missed your thread also!! i was looking at a cheap bluetooth logger initially and just wanted to see what could be done using an arduino. your project is much more sophisticated and may reach a different crowd. very impressed. i'm not looking to be a supplier. just the programmer!

Garrett booster

I'm still very very interested as well

turbo addict

Awesome i need to get one of my Turbo cars up and goin so i can tinker with all this great stuff you have come up with

Garrett booster

gotta admit that the lack of feedback has me wondering if this device is not something members are interested in. if not then i'll just finish it out for myself and not bore anybody with this. lmk.
    I've been away for some time. Moved houses, had a cancer scare with my father (he also had multiple strokes). I am finally getting my life back in order, and have began rebuilding the transmission of my 87 Daytona (FINALLY installing my Quaife I purchased years ago). I would love to help test this if you're still making progress.

quick update. board design by chromguy is basically done. needing to do some final tweaking and then put a guesstimate together on cost. i've got most of the programming done. the windows versions of mptune and mpscan are done. mpscan for android is done (works great btw - i actually like using it better than the laptop). i just need to finish up the mptune side of things for android. the use of an external device sure makes the interface to the ecu with other devices so much easier. there is a slight downside to the sometimes querky nature of a bluetooth connection as well as the nuances of the android OS. hopefully will have some more specific details/timeframes soon.

***edit***
    just wanted to clarify that the only thing the android version of mptune will do is read the bin and flash a bin. maybe later i'll look at a rudimentary method of modifying a bin, but for now that would need to still be done on the windows version.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Sweet!
    It's going to be exciting this year...
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

boostaholic

Agreed. Looks like I'll be rigging up a tablet mount in my car. I do think it would be supremely awesome if you eventually got the android version of MPTune to be able to edit tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by iangoround View Post
    Agreed. Looks like I'll be rigging up a tablet mount in my car. I do think it would be supremely awesome if you eventually got the android version of MPTune to be able to edit tunes.
    with the limited real estate on a phone i need to think of a good way to handle and display data. most likely it would only work with a bin file (not the tpl/asm) combination) directly so i don't also have to try to write a compiler for android. i'm open to ideas on how this should work..............

Hello All,
    I have included the latest internally reviewed schematic for the data logger. One of the design goals was to have it as a DIY as a board or kit. Of course, we expect to offer the fully assembled version as well. We are using “off the shelf” modules, where possible, to help with the DIY aspect. The idea is one could simple plug in a module, such as bluetooth, directly into a header on the Arduino Mega custom shield PCB.Along the top of the schematic and board you will see LSP25-31, these are the connections to the remote LCD with selection buttons. The optocoupler is used to activate a 20V line for reflashing the ECU EPROM. The 7404 is used to invert the SCI signals for easy processing. The project also contain a TL-431 voltage reference for the ADC. The 8 analog inputs are filtered by an RC network which uses a 5.1V Zener to protect the ADC inputs from transient higher voltage spikes. It will even survive a mistake of applying a 12V signal by error. Most of us has made that error at sometime in the past!
    Other features include mini SD card for logging, Real time clock (RTC) so you know exactly when the data was logged. In addition, we have bluetooth communication and the unit will also include an enclosure.
    All comments/feedback is welcome.

After review of the comments/suggestion we will be placing a first run batch. Exact time/price will be determined over the next few days, so if you want to preorder one from the first production run, we need to know ASAP. The final design will be released as open source hardware,

Here is a new link
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3q...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by chromguy; 02-18-2016 at 07:10 PM.
    Regards,
    Miles

If you want to see the routed board let me know..I guess the board layout is really the "money shot"
    Regards,
    Miles

Garrett booster

I'd be interested in a first run piece, but not sure how soon my car will be back together. Transmission is out and 100% disassembled at the moment.

boostaholic

with the limited real estate on a phone i need to think of a good way to handle and display data. most likely it would only work with a bin file (not the tpl/asm) combination) directly so i don't also have to try to write a compiler for android. i'm open to ideas on how this should work..............
    i don't know the mechanics of how it should work. Functionally I'd like something that shows me the table I want to edit, lets me select a point and opens a screen with the values of that point and allows me to edit and save them, then takes me back to the display screen. A few simple tools on the edit screen would be nice. Maybe a +/- percentage option for the individual point or the entire table.

It would probably be better suited to a tablet display, but phones nowadays have large enough screens I think you could make it functional on a smaller screen in landscape mode.

- - - Updated - - -

chromguy, your image didn't show up for me. Looks like a busted link?

Quote Originally Posted by iangoround;1101567[COLOR=silver
    - - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

chromguy, your image didn't show up for me. Looks like a busted link?
    Humm....interesting works on my 'puter

I will post to dropbox tonight
    Regards,
    Miles

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

I'm interested in one of the first run.
    Really interested in seeing where the pricepoint falls as well.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast