Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: MPSciLink

Re: MPSciLink

Is there not a way to have the FTDI cable connect to a BT module and then link that to a device? I'm thinking from what I have in place with the GLHS, but I guess I could wire in the arduino. Just wondering.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    What is the BT logger? This device or a piggy back to the the Sci device?
    the btlogger is just another name for what i am calling MpSciLnk. just one box that does it all.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

This could be a really neat piece, picking up where another promising idea left off.. Im excited to see what comes of this!

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Garrett booster

Well how's it going? Im interested in helping out as I an running arduino setup in my car and might have some input you could use

We are working on this project over the holidays, stay tuned to this channel over the next several weeks for exciting developments.
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

i'm currently waiting for a new lcd display to get here. the first one was DOA. so a week or so delay to finish this up. all the logging stuff is done. basically in mpscan you can add a gauge as normal but then indicate an analog port to use. when you then press record it sends all the data to mpscilnk device which polls the ecu/analog ports and sends back the data via bluetooth. also have the coding done for a rotary switch button to allow the user to log to the sdcard as a standalone unit. logged files can than be either read directly from the sdcard by placing it in your pc or uploaded via mpscan over bluetooth to the pc. another option in standalone mode is to display logged parameters on the lcd vs saving to a file. i still have the bluetooth set at 9600 baud which actually works well, however will probably bump it up to 57600 or so to speed up file transfers.

have not done anything for the mptune side yet. was hoping to dial in the mpscan side first but with the lcd issue may start working on that too. one issue i see with flashing the bin is needing to be key off while running the flash routines so it can detect the key on/boot mode signal. might need a switch in the car to provide a full time 12v source vs just a key on source just for the flashing.

Garrett booster

Are you using serial LCD or regular non serial? I found a USA source that has the serial 20x4 for 12 dollars

a cheap i2c serial for $8! suppose i should have "splurged" and got the $12 sainsmart!

Garrett booster

I have a couple sainsmarts they are kinda slow but have clear display. I use i2c and non from them

here are 4 short videos to show you i haven't been totally unproductive over the last couple months. and please, easy on the comments regarding slurred words and goofy voice. i just had pigged on some big juicy burgers. plus the videos using my phone required me to bend in two to access everything....

anyhow:
    vid 1 - mpscan for windows logging via mpscilnk device
    vid 2 - mpscilnk device logging in standalone mode
    vid 3 - mptune for windows reading/flashing via mpscilnk device
    vid 4 - mpscilnk device reading/flashing in standalone mode.

1: https://youtu.be/J8fyOTbTneA
    2: https://youtu.be/5IEcjVlZvW4
    3: https://youtu.be/EMgmIORuEGA
    4: https://youtu.be/qE849m6bxc4

basically, 99% of the software side is done. i've got a couple bugs i have to track down as well as some formatting and prettying up things to do. once this is done i'll start working on the android rewrite. should be much simpler to do now since the hardware device does all the heavy lifting.

the next step is to get the hardware layout finalized and priced out so we can see if this is feasible for the masses. several other individuals are heading that up so we'll see where it all shakes out.

lmk comments/suggestions before i go much further. it was a ----- programming the arduino. the c/c++ language used is very unforgiving, especially regarding operators using different number sizes (e.g byte times a long). now that i finally hacked my way thru it i know the stuff to do/avoid in the future.

boostaholic

Very very cool. When do you think we'll see schematics and source code?

Great Job Wowzer!

I have a version of the mega shield (Eagle Schematic and board layout) that is very close to being ready for an internal review. The current design (as suggested by Wowzer) will be taking advantage of low cost modules available on Amazon/ebay, the shield will have all the interconnects from the module to module(or to the Arduino). For example, a bluetooth module will be connected via a header to the custom mega shield which will provide the module power and send the TX,RX lines towards the Arduino (after level shifting).
    We want to keep the cost down but also provide the DIY an easy project to assemble. I will send a photo to help explain this later in the week.
    Regards,
    Miles

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    programming the arduino. the c/c++ language used is very unforgiving, especially regarding operators using different number sizes (e.g byte times a long). now that i finally hacked my way thru it i know the stuff to do/avoid in the future.
    Yes this stuff is a PITA, agreed. I also avoid floats as is slows the loop significantly.
    Regards,
    Miles

gotta admit that the lack of feedback has me wondering if this device is not something members are interested in. if not then i'll just finish it out for myself and not bore anybody with this. lmk.

boostaholic

I'm super interested in this, but I don't really have any feedback. You're basically accomplishing all the things I want to do.

I don't mind going to something else, but I'd like to consider using something like a tablet for tuning and monitoring, personally. If this is the way things will go with developing monitoring for our cars, I will support whatever you decide. If you have a kit ready to ship, I can pay for it and start logging info for you.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

I'm in the boat of, i am interested but don't have the skills to contribute to the development. I'd be interested in either the turn key product, or a kit to build in which case i could have an electronics/instrumentation technician at work help me assemble.

I was pretty happy to see your progress. Like i've said all along, it will be nice to be able to log additional outputs that aren't from the ecu.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Mitsu booster

I'm amazed that not more people are interested in this. There has never before been a way to log as fast, or log stand-alone, it's like having a miniature engineering box. Even though I don't do much with turbo Mopars, I would be, and I think others would be interested in this for the SBEC trucks and Jeeps. May I add, and I hate to say it because it sounds very basic, but if you could add the ability to read and clear codes in stand alone mode, I think that the appeal would reach a wider audience.

I don't know about others, but you can sign me up for five or ten of these

Regarding use with the FCC Neons, I take it you have a way to invert the voltage level so that it will work ?

Two other comments, is there room to arrange the display similar to the tunerview so that you can have ram variables on the left and right, like this :

Is it possible to both log via sd card and display at the same time ?

Again, great stuff, please let me know if there is anything I can help.
    Last edited by vprtech; 01-25-2016 at 03:06 AM.

Mitsu booster

I'd be interested in it. Like vprtech stated, jeep guys and truck guys would be down with the idea. Had a 94 4.0 jeep, wanted some tuning and logging support for it, now i have a 318 truck with a 90 TBI setup that i want the same for.

Garrett booster

I am interested in purchasing the final turn key product. Like some others, I do not have the skills to contribute to the development.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast