Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: MPSciLink

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: MPSciLink

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    Surprised you didn't special order a Canadian flag silk screen onto your board...

That said, the red one is my personal favourite also. But I do like the blue since all the modules were blue PCB.
    I would have but I am unsure how my American friends would react.
    Notice the Canadian Red car in my driveway!
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

UPDATE: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1553879822058.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	63901I have received the boards to manufacture the SBEC/SBECII mpscilink flash patch.
    I still need to order the other components, but at least we are making progress slowly. I am seriously stretched thin, but we have not forgotten about this.
    Again, this patch is ONLY for those with Flashable SBEC / SBECII ecu's.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Trying to make some progress.
    Assembled some SCI-SBEC / SBECII adapters. This is the hardware patch to flash (flashable) SBEC/SBECII with MPSciLink. I need to see if i can test, but been having problems with my only SBEC car.

I can at least see if I see any issues using on a SMEC. It should pass right through, the added orange wire is for the 12v bootstrap wire.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1555722896315.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	63966

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1555722911874.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	63967

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1555722924865.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	63968

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1555722938381.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	63969

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1555722953286.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	63970
    Wayne H.

'89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw

Trying to make some progress.
    Assembled some SCI-SBEC / SBECII adapters. This is the hardware patch to flash (flashable) SBEC/SBECII with MPSciLink. I need to see if i can test, but been having problems with my only SBEC car.

I can at least see if I see any issues using on a SMEC. It should pass right through, the added orange wire is for the 12v bootstrap wire.
    looking good, Wayne!
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

Quote Originally Posted by chromguy View Post
    looking good, Wayne!
    I'll do the conformal coating after I test and clean. I ordered some acid brushes and need some more 90% IPA.
    Wayne H.

boostaholic

...some more 90% IPA.
    Now THAT'S a beer.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

so im having an issue (that i filled up the mpscandroid thread with).....

i havent been able to log to my phone on the later versions of the mpscandroid app.

right now, i can only seem to log to the phone on 2.0.0.1..... nothing later than that.

i can update the nextion, i can log and monitor via the nextion, i can connect no problem and retrieve the module settings etc.

on the phone (or tablet, i tried 4 android devices) i can go to my logging dash and press log and it turns green and the blue light lights up on the mpscilink but the gauges do not update and the sample counter does not increase. this is with anything after 2.0.0.1 with a date of 2-17-18 on the FTP download page.

with the older version, it logs just fine.

i would like to try a different mega (i have one in my elec stuff drawer) and a different bluetooth module. can i get a copy of the arduino sketch (or whatever avr program you used if not programmed via the arduino ide) so i can flash my other mega.

also, is there any specifics about the bluetooth module? master/slave, voltage, etc... i know mine is an HC-06 and wayne said an HC-04 was used as well.

thanks

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

boostaholic

You wanna see if your phone can log my car? I’ve got a working setup here and two mpscilink daughter cards to chose from.

My phone app is still 2.0.0.1, but I did just update the firmware on the mpscilink a week or two ago to whatever was latest then.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post

i would like to try a different mega (i have one in my elec stuff drawer) and a different bluetooth module. can i get a copy of the arduino sketch (or whatever avr program you used if not programmed via the arduino ide) so i can flash my other mega.
    maybe I’m wrong, but I think if you plug your mega in to a computer and run the update mpscilink function in mptune (mpscan?) it should flash the correct stuff to it.
    Last edited by iangoround; 06-12-2019 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iangoround View Post
    You wanna see if your phone can log my car? I’ve got a working setup here and two mpscilink daughter cards to chose from.

My phone app is still 2.0.0.1, but I did just update the firmware on the mpscilink a week or two ago to whatever was latest then.
    save that apk somewhere and install the newest version. is it not autoupdating? flash the mpscilink device again also to the latest version. i want to see if the newest works on your phone.

- - - Updated - - -

and yes, just plus the mega2560 into your pc and flash from mptune (make sure you select the correct com port from the settings menu).
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Ok I'll try updating the mpscilink tomorrow.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

posted a new version that everbody should update to. log into mptune, wait 10 seconds and exit. it should do an auto download of the new version. plug the device into your pc, restart mptune, make sure the correct usb port is selected to flash, and flash the mpscilink device. exit mptune.

this version also requires the newest version of the nextion displays. so download the correct display either using mpscandroid or the links in that thread and sideload directly.

Mitsu booster

anyone else on here tried running it on a super 60 smec?
    im just curious if anyone else has encountered not being able to run diagnostics with it and also the only way i can get it to do any logging on the nextion display is by first opening the mpscandroid app starting a log session then stopping it and exiting the app .then starting a log session on the display.
    i had waynes help setting it up so i dont believe anything was missed in the set up process.
    thanks, cody

Cody, do you mean subsequent attempts to log with the Nextion (AFTER your successful mpscandroid log session) would not log directly from the nextion?

You have to first have a successful log session with mpscandroid before you can log solely with the Nextion display.
    Also, you CAN NOT have more than 1 device logging simultaneously. So it is either/or.

I think you are the only one using the S60 that I know of, so it would be nice to see if someone else is and if any issues.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk
    Wayne H.

since the software is a work in progress, i would definitely make sure you have the latest version of mpscandroid as well as having updated the mpscilink device and the nextion display. are you using a tsmec cal? and wayne is right. you first need a successful log from mpscandroid which will then store some ecu parameters on the device for future use outside of mpscandroid.

- - - Updated - - -

also, you shouldn't need to exit mpscandroid to log with the device. however, the nextion display has to be at the main page if you want to use the mpscandroid options or in turn the mpscandroid cannot be doing things if you want to use the nextion stuff.

Mitsu booster

Hi there.

Just coming back from NSRT4 world and trying to give a second chance to my old T3. I am very cold with this old platform, so excuse noob questions. Somebody pointed me here, when asking about the new available log tools for this platform. I tried the web link at first post, but seems is not working for buying. How can I purchase the tools? Will be able to log my T3 ECU? It is a 2012 FWD S4.

Thanks for help.

The purchasing is disabled, but there is information on those webpages if you look at the sitemap.
    You can look in this forum for the Possible Batch#4 purchase, as we were seeing if there was enough interest.
    I wouldn't expect to do one until at least winter, IF there is enough interest.

Wayne H.

Mitsu booster

The purchasing is disabled, but there is information on those webpages if you look at the sitemap.
    You can look in this forum for the Possible Batch#4 purchase, as we were seeing if there was enough interest.
    I wouldn't expect to do one until at least winter, IF there is enough interest.

Thanks. Interested still.

Garrett booster

EDIT: Kept digging and eventually found a picture of a built 2.7 board in the google site under legacy. Good enough to figure the rest out from there.

Sorry if I missed it.

After having this sitting here well over a year I'm ready to assemble the unit **Bought the DIY bare board kit because I love assembling circuits** how ever I cannot find either directions or a schematic showing where the components go on the circuit board.

If someone could provide some information that would be awesome!

Looking forward to finally putting some time into my Van and get her choochin' proper.

Thanks.

EDIT: If it matters I have the board that says MPSciLink V2.7 2018

Boy do I have some reading to do, it looks like there's been a bunch of improvements and updates to the software at a minimum and possibly the hardware too?

Thanks again!
    Last edited by firehawk618; 10-20-2019 at 08:05 AM.

Garrett booster

May the build begin.

**USED to be able to add photos easily. Apparently that has changed since I've been here last. Yeah it's been a while.**

https://photos.app.goo.gl/eNzKV2yxW6kouUpVA

https://photos.app.goo.gl/64TH7EjLLwSRx9dZ7