Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: MPSciLink

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: MPSciLink

Hello All,
    Here is an assembled MPSciLink version 2.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...lXeTk4Y2FGZ2dJ
    I will be completing my functional tests over the next day or so.
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

turbo addict

Nice! I look forward to your results.

Hybrid booster

Any update? Eagerly awaiting results...

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

The latest version 2 assembled board is enroute to wowzer for testing. He should get it this week.
    That was the last i heard, to keep you in the loop.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

I wanted to give you all an update on this, for anyone still following this thread.
    The v2 boards have been bench tested and look very good.
    At this point we want to start announcing and taking pre-orders.- I'll make a new thread to keep the orders seperate.- I will post a link here when i create the pre-order thread.- Device discussion can remain here.

There will be option for a DIY kit, so you can assemble your own board with all the included board components while saving some money.
    An assembled device board will also be available, and at increased cost since it requires 2-3hrs assembly and testing.

There will be additional components the end user can source, for some pricing flexibility.- We can give you suggestions for the tested verified compatible components.
    - Arduino Mega 2560
    - display screen Nextion 3.5", 5"
    - SD card
    - some type of project box housing and protective case for screen.

I would like to see those who expressed interest early have the first crack, so hopefully those of you that have been waiting the longest are ready.
    Wayne H.

'89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw

turbo addict

My body is ready.

I'm in.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

super interested.

need an excuse to wire the car for SMEC anyway...... now to decide whether to use my van harness or rewire the LM harness for smec connectors.... i wouldnt mind keeping the SMEC logic board in the car rather than in the engine bay for many reasons.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

im assuming this requires a flashable smec to do the flashing business. I have one of the flash modules, i just need a better picture of where to the jumper the zener diode on the SMEC board. the xrattiracer how to page doesnt have the best pic.

Brian

This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

i would highly recommend moving from the LM to a smec, for a number of reasons including primarily flashing and the processing speed (and the corresponding scanning speed). since i do not have an LM anymore i do not do ANY testing on one and hate dealing with it's limitations. the mpscilink device has NOT been tested on any LM unless miles tried it. i did write the software to support an LM but don't hold your breath it will work!! :-)

brian, let me see if i have a better pic of the zener diode. worst case i'll take a pic of my smec.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    i would highly recommend moving from the LM to a smec, for a number of reasons including primarily flashing and the processing speed (and the corresponding scanning speed). since i do not have an LM anymore i do not do ANY testing on one and hate dealing with it's limitations. the mpscilink device has NOT been tested on any LM unless miles tried it. i did write the software to support an LM but don't hold your breath it will work!! :-)

brian, let me see if i have a better pic of the zener diode. worst case i'll take a pic of my smec.
    I have tried MPScan and MPSciLink with both of my LM based cars. I have gotten both MPScan and MPSciLink to work on each LM based cars. The main issue is 9 out of 10 times it does not connect,

details...I have sniffed the traffic and the ECU is talking and both MPScan and MPSciLink are trying to communicate with the ECU. But no connection. CSXtra has confirmed to me this is normal as the Arduino does not communicate well at these baud rates. He was successful with a Netduino at a slightly different baud rate. I wrote a bit of code in an attempt to communicate with the LM with my Arduino but no luck. I was planning to bitbang in an attempt to see if the two would talk but thought I would be better off to switch to SMEC for many reasons.
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

turbo addict

Hmmm. I would have to hold off then if it is iffy with LM. I want to swap my 87 SL to smec but finding a nice drop in harness is not easy.

i know a number of users are scanning on an LM but the scanning speed is maybe 50 bytes second vs 400+ bytes per second with a smec. the only thing you may look at is trying mpscandroid with the regular ftdi cable and otg adapter. if that works ok for you then maybe the mpscilink device is for you since it should work marginally better since it doesn't have to deal with the ftdi usb latency issues. plus you can scan up to 4 external 0-5 volt devices (o2s, wb, egt, etc).
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

turbo addict

I have not tried mpscandroid yet. I usually use my laptop and it seems to work fine so far.

Pre-order thread can be found here: http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=82262
    Wayne H.

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post

Yeah I'm gonna go smec.

Yeah if you could take a pic that would be awesome.

Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    Yeah I'm gonna go smec.

Yeah if you could take a pic that would be awesome.

Thx.
    I'm glad we could help convince you!

The smec is probably the most supported platform, and as described might be the best overall from all aspects. The sbec's seem described as loaded with too much bloat code.
    And as far as this device goes has had most of the in-service testing.
    Wayne H.

i moved my lm to smec conversion discussion to this thread.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...72#post1130372

Brian

Hybrid booster

Is there a video of the MPSciLink in action? I thought I saw one before but couldn't find it in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by EaZyE426 View Post
    Is there a video of the MPSciLink in action? I thought I saw one before but couldn't find it in the thread.
    I had a couple videos of testing the analog inputs and some troubleshooting. That was one reason for version2 board changes.
    I had them unlisted on my youtube but there may have been a link.

It wasn't really a descriptive video, it was me with a multimeter showing the analog displayed reading variations under stead input voltage.

I think Morris had listed a couple videos early in the thread, but that might have been with the old 4x20 lcd.
    I'll see what i still have saved on youtube, at least it can give somewhat of an idea.
    Wayne H.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast