Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: MPSciLink

turbo addict

Re: MPSciLink

My results are similar to Ian's. Except on the nextion display, hitting log does nothing even after logging with mpscandroid. Only monitor shows data. Mpscan has always done that with my LM though. You have to hit start a few times before it actually starts logging so im not surprised mpscandroid is the same way. I chalked that up to ancient logic module.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by thedon809 View Post
    My results are similar to Ian's. Except on the nextion display, hitting log does nothing even after logging with mpscandroid. Only monitor shows data. Mpscan has always done that with my LM though. You have to hit start a few times before it actually starts logging so im not surprised mpscandroid is the same way. I chalked that up to ancient logic module.
    log will not work if it detects an error in accessing the sd card when the device is powered up.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    log will not work if it detects an error in accessing the sd card when the device is powered up.
    I'll check when I get home but the SD icon shows in the display. It's a brand new SanDisk 2gb card.

turbo addict

Under module info it says,
    SD card available: true

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Under module info it says,
    SD card available: true
    Be sure the SD card is formatted to FAT32, this will help later if you ever need to sideload a display update.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Is there a link to assy instructions? I don't see one and my EE refuses to start until she has something to go off of.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    Be sure the SD card is formatted to FAT32, this will help later if you ever need to sideload a display update.
    Sir. I will not tolerate being called fat. I prefer big boned.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Is there a link to assy instructions? I don't see one and my EE refuses to start until she has something to go off of.
    Does this suffice?
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh....php?p=1134868
    Otherwise, there are really no formal instructions. Miles does have a board wiring diagram. And we can get some additional pictures too, if that helps.
    Others have already assembled theirs with the same limited info, so you could always tell her that!

Sir. I will not tolerate being called fat. I prefer big boned.
    Lol!
    Wayne H.

'89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw

did a fresh install tonight of mpscandroid (sideloaded from the website) and mpscilink (flashed via usb with mptune). started mpscilink and then started mpscandroid. it found the device automatically. checked settings and all looked ok. downloaded from the menu the nextion display layout to the droid, uploaded to the device, and then updated the nextion. all worked perfectly. created a layout in mpscandroid and a profile. powered up smec ecu and began logging using mpscandroid. worked. stopped log and exited mpscandroid. from nextion selected monitor and it brought up the gauges. pressed start and it worked. stopped logging and went back to main screen. turned off everything (device and ecu). restarted device and ecu and tried monitor again. worked perfectly.

so i don't know what to say. since the gauges are showing up in the monitor screen it is correctly reading the eeprom. the only reason that the monitor/log doesn't work is when it can't switch the ecu into high speed mode.

i assume you have selected the LM as the default ecu type in the mpscandroid program settings prior to setting up the layout. also, you need to make sure the profile you log with is set to be the LM. mpscandroid sends that ecu type to the device when it logs. the device then stores that ecu type for standalone logging.

since i don't have a LM test ecu i can't be much further help. miles (chromguy) has an lm ecu. don't know for sure if he has logged with the mpscilink device. he might be able to help also.

I have logged my LM based car many times with the MPSciLink. On two occasions, it did not log from the device so i logged from my Android phone. After that it logged from the device as expected.
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

turbo addict

Seems like it's just a quirk with LM. I can live with it. Ill probably just use my Android tablet instead of the nextion until I swap an smec in there someday.

boostaholic

Agree. As long as it works with mpscandroid, I'm happy. I've got a SMEC and harness on my bench now being worked on anyway.

Did I miss the instructions on how to make use the flash function on mpscilink? Do you need the boost button flash module, or will it work work with a regular eeprom? Are there mods I have to make to the SMEC while I have it open?

needs to be a boostbutton or similar flashable chip. basically you create a bin and the associated tbl file and copy them to a directory in mpscandroid. there should be a menu option in mpscan for windows that lets you transfer the files via wifi to mpscandroid. at that point you should then be able to flash/read the ecu. oh ya. you first need to download the .lst files to the device using mpscandroid. should be a menu for that also.

boostaholic

All right, looks like I'm building a flash module then.

What's the wiring I need to do on the MPSciLink side?

Quote Originally Posted by iangoround View Post
    All right, looks like I'm building a flash module then.

What's the wiring I need to do on the MPSciLink side?
    The mpscilink needs nothing to flash flashable smec's.
    You need the ecu modified to be flashable, and you need the bootstrap wire to pin #11 on the smec 60way.

The flash process itself is easy for SMEC with mpscilink. You need what Morris stated above. And then:
    1. Power bootstrap wire with 12v.
    2. Power mpscilink through the batt 12v (unswitched +12v) terminal.

If through mpscandroid:
    3. Connect mpscandroid to mpscilink.
    4. Select Flash from mpscandroid
    5. Popup window - select which .bin file.
    6. Mpscandroid will send the bin file to mpscilink in preparation of flash.
    7. Mpscandroid will prompt when you need to do the key on sequence. You'll need to acknowledge message, then turn key to on within 5 seconds. You'll see the big led on the mpscilink board light during the flash process. Mpscandroid will give you a confirmation message when successfully completed.
    8. Power off ignition switch.
    9. Remove power to bootstrap wire.
    10. Remove batt 12v power to mpscilink.
    11. Ready to start car normally

If through mpscilink:

(The process is slightly different, and i need to verify something before i post it.)
    Wayne H.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    Does this suffice?
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh....php?p=1134868
    Otherwise, there are really no formal instructions. Miles does have a board wiring diagram. And we can get some additional pictures too, if that helps.
    Others have already assembled theirs with the same limited info, so you could always tell her that!

Lol!
    Thanks. That should do the trick I would think.

boostaholic

Got it!

I'm working on converting this SMEC harness to mate with the cabin harness on my car at the moment, but I've got a SMEC socketed and ready to go. I can either run the Ostrich or use some 27SF512 chips for now until I make it flashable. Although the Ostrich is pretty sweet...I'm not sure which I'll wind up keeping.

Ok, just so everyone else is clear however, MPSciLink is not currently capable of flashing the Ostrich. Don't know that it would be possible either. Morris would have to research.
    MPScilink is only capable of flashing the BoostButton (or similarly DIY) flashable ecu's.
    And right now there is some investigating on why the flashable SBECII is not working with mpscilink.

We may need to develop a workaround, whether that be a software patch, or a hardware add-on. Let us see why its not working first. That will point us in the right direction for resolution.
    Wayne H.

wayne, sent you an email. the sbec2 flashing code was NEVER tested by me. not sure if Rob L ever tested it either on a sbec2. the mpscilink device DOES have a 21v output port that was setup for that very purpose.

ostrich requires a usb port. have not researched what it would take to add that to our device. most likely not cost effective.

a future (distant) version of mpscilink will use a different chip that MAY support usb. i'm waiting to see. i've been testing the chip over the last several months with mixed results. it would replace the BT stuff with WIFI instead.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/usb-host-board-v2

something like this for ostrich?

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast