Thread: Wiper Troubles - 83 Scamp GT

Mitsu booster

Wiper Troubles - 83 Scamp GT

1983 Plymouth Scamp GT

Wipers have not been working properly. When first turned on, in what should be a variable speed range, they go only at one speed - which is the speed of the next "click" up on the knob. Today, that first click does nothing though the next fixed position works fine. Not great for winter in the North West.

It is not the wiper control relay, I swapped that into a different car and it worked fine. I have tried a few in my car with the same result.

Switch gone bad? Are these possible to replace? Haven't found any parts online. Anyone ever wire up a knob/switch away from the turn signal lever?

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Wiper Troubles - 83 Scamp GT

I've got the same problem and also swapped relays without change . . ..?
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia