Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for Mopar Turbo Forum members living in the Charlotte / Concord NC area.

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

Re: Looking for Mopar Turbo Forum members living in the Charlotte / Concord NC area.

2022 Viper runs 9s

turbo addict

Re: Looking for Mopar Turbo Forum members living in the Charlotte / Concord NC area.

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeZ View Post
    The issue you'll have is participation and interest. The first event may have a big turn out but you'll fight to get people to continue. They aren't making these cars anymore and folks with them give up and move on to newer rides. Cars not running so folks don't show up, life happens and people come and go, interest level of folks that do stick around goes up and down etc... So you aren't going to have a bunch of members. Low member numbers means no events. We switched up to just be a Mopar club so we could get SRTs in but even they are super limited at this point.

Whoever runs it needs to have a lot of energy. I use to do the events at my home and had a pretty good turn out. I'd buy the food and spend the time cleaning up for events. Also running the club page, keeping up with members, etc... takes time and isn't paid.

There is a Texas SDAC chapter where I live now but it is in Dallas 3 1/2 hours away. It seems like they just meet at a restaurant. I am not going drive 8 hours to have lunch. The key will be to have just the right number of meets and the right type.
    After my Omni went down for a year or so and I got sick of it, I didn't even visit the forums very often. Now that I sold it and bought a lancer, I've been on the forums and Facebook quite often. Definitely understand about losing interest. I think a big problem with a lot of people is that their cars are perpetual projects that never run good lol. Or they split their time/ money into 10 different cars instead of focusing on 1 or 2.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thedon809 View Post
    . I think a big problem with a lot of people is that their cars are perpetual projects that never run good lol. Or they split their time/ money into 10 different cars instead of focusing on 1 or 2.
    STOP talking to my wife!
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    STOP talking to my wife!
    I can't really talk, I stuck to 1 car and it STILL never ran right LOL.

I'm right there with you guys. I was diehard into the TDs for 10+yrs, but after I screwed up and got rid of my last GLH, I never could get that fire back. I tried with a TurboZ-CS, a GLH clone I built, and then went on to a string of neons. However, it never really seemed to fill the void. So I got back into old school Mopars. Came and went were a '72 Demon, '72 Dart, '70 Swinger, '50 Plymouth, '51 Plymouth, and several other project cars that never left the ground. The only one I kept is my '64 Dart and my '77 D100.

About six months back I started thinking about GLHs again and how much I'd like to have another one. Long story short, I ran across Dons GLHT in SC he was selling, and we struck a deal. I've yet to get down there to pick up the car, sorry Don, but I'm super excited to get back into the TD scene.

Here locally, there are a handful if us still into fwd Mopars. My brother in law, Marty Sabo has been carrying the torch nonstop, and we have two other friends that are into 1gn neons and TDs. I think it'd be great if we could arrange a meet, just to get together and bullshit about cars. Maybe grow it back into a community.

Hybrid booster

I went thru' that 10 car thing back in the mid-'90s. 8 under roof and still had two out in the elements? Picture if you will, a one eyed chicken with a pecker on each side of it's head tryin' to pick up corn and you'll have an idea of all the wasted motion and the chicken still was starvin' to death. Down to Three now including the D.D. and life is much better and way more calm. BTW vntned, What part of the planet do you call home? Just tryin' to figure out how far away from Wilmington the party will be, Jer

Little town called Gibsonville, just east of Greensboro.

Hybrid booster

How did I miss this thread, it's about NC and TD's that don't run. I got both of these these covered

One of my friend is 15 minutes away from Concord, if want i will contact him regarding that?

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

I'm having a mini-meet in Spartanburg SC on the morning of July 4th, if anyone is interested in coming by.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12