Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Relentless 2016

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Re: Relentless 2016

Quote Originally Posted by mopar-tech View Post
    You all set bro.
    So wait, put whatever we want in your thread Mr D or is that just for special friends like Wayne? This is Winston, my new buddy. Been 5 years since Ive had a cat (lost BooBoo in the divorce) so Im pretty stoked about him. And since we don't have a show off your pet thread here...

EDIT: Damn auto rotate
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160522_092020.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	58333  

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor mopar-tech's Avatar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160522_092020.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	58334
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    And since we don't have a show off your pet thread here...
    Thats just crazy talk.

Lets at least keep it car related gents ;-)

Working on clearing the decks.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

double post
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Rats, but for the fact that Mr D got there first, I was about to post a cat picture too!
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."

Quote Originally Posted by johnl View Post
    Rats, but for the fact that Mr D got there first, I was about to post a cat picture too!
    I actually just rotated Alan's picture into the correct orientation and reposted as a courtesy

Overdue for an update-

I have several weeks off (2-3 months actually) from work due to production slow down and this is what is going on.

1) Major housecleaning and organizing of the garage battle spaces. Don't know if anyone has noticed but I have been shotgunning ebay and craigslist with various items from my hobbies. Money in the bank and reduction of clutter. Just dragged a truck load of scrap metal away yesterday, I can tell you exactly what a cracked 2.2 head is worth. $1.50

Picking up pallet racking for car and project storage today and hope to have 100% clear floor storage by the weekend plus have the waste oil furnace that has been taking up space in my shed up and off the floor.

2) Duster: Car has been a minor train wreck for over a 2 months. Pulled trans to fortify due to extra power now has leak in bellhousing area and has to come back out. Developed leak in front crank seal area. have to fix. Changed out 3.55's to 3.73 in the 8.25" rear to get car into 12's and the first set of gears literately flaked apart. Second set screamed between 55-65 mph even though the vendor's tech personally approved pattern. Pulled Motive Power gears and returned, ordered Richmond gears. Car sitting on lift with no gears in housing. New carb on way, old one had minor light throttle tuning issue caused by booster mods. Have a few ignition mods sitting on bench.

3) GTX: car sitting fat and happy in bay, it at least runs correct (11.0 @ 121 mph) and is waiting for new 9.5" converter (more stall!), new 1-7/8" headers (more flow!), new oil pan and new truck transmission pan (they both have minor leaks and I hate leaks, trans pan upgraded to new latest and greatest 46RH pan and gasket). A weeks work tops. Easy 10 second pass waiting in the wings. Need to get Duster done first.

4) Dart: It can wait.

5) CSX: See below.

6) Plan is to assemble a placeholder 2.2 and autotrans in the CSX for tuning and break in with MS 2/3 electronics. While this is going on the Reliant gets shipped down to Brian Slowe so he can get the rear chassis up to snuff. Brian has a couple of projects tying up his shop and as soon as they clear out the Reliant will be trucked down there.

Once the car is back the boys and I are going to give it a fresh coat of paint and heave drivetrain 1.0 in the bay and head to the track. I don't expect to set the world on fire but the car should be running easy 10's without pushing things too hard just yet with the hardware currently on hand.

That's the plan.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

You have a lot going on!

I am no expert on Megasquirt, but I am more than happy to share what I have learned so far if it helps you at all when the time comes.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    You have a lot going on!
    You have no idea Mike.

What I neglected to post was also we finished up on Jacobs Shadow and have been doing work around the house too. The thrash to make a few race events the end of the year was time consuming. The GTX went off without a hitch, the Duster and CSX not so much. I have a cal I'm going to be trying out on it in a week or two in the CSX since it will be several weeks before I'll be able to start assembling the Reliants engine let alone pulling the current 2.2 out of the bay.

There is something odd going on with the current 2.2 and I'm curious how it will run with the new cal. Hardware or software?

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by mopar-tech View Post
    You have no idea Mike.

What I neglected to post was also we finished up on Jacobs Shadow and have been doing work around the house too. The thrash to make a few race events the end of the year was time consuming. The GTX went off without a hitch, the Duster and CSX not so much. I have a cal I'm going to be trying out on it in a week or two in the CSX since it will be several weeks before I'll be able to start assembling the Reliants engine let alone pulling the current 2.2 out of the bay.

There is something odd going on with the current 2.2 and I'm curious how it will run with the new cal. Hardware or software?
    Hey Brother,

I am an New Englander now, anything I can do to help?

Name:	2016-11-26 16.30.04.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	173.1 KB 
ID:	59717Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-11-18 14.20.50.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	219.7 KB 
ID:	59716

1) Duster is back on the road! I reinstalled the 3.55's so the car is mobile and swapped out the ailing modified AFB for a new Comp Series 750 scored off Ebay. Its too lean at cruise but that is an easy fix. Think I finally found the oil leak and will address next week.

2) Jacobs 87 TBI Shadow is on the road with steel plates! There was one issue where a TPS code would be thrown and it was traced down to a bad solider joint on the the Logic Module PCB. A quick touch with a low watt iron and he was in business. He is quite excited to have his own car and driving about.

3) Truck is being cranky. It needs to go on the lift for some fuel tank straps and minor rust repair, always something!

4) Fun with pallet racks! Spent the last week setting up pallet racking on the right side of the garage for parts storage over the tool boxes and yesterday finally setup the back corner for vehicle storage. The racks over the toolboxes can hold 3000 pounds per shelf, the one with the Dart is 6000 pounds per section! Now I have mad amounts of floor space to work.

Racking is easy to find- The stuff over the toolboxes was only $280 and the uprights were brand new. The stuff holding up the Dart was used off Ebay and was $220. The lumber and carriage bolts for the Dart section was $140 from Lowes. If you are looking for inexpensive storage options pallet racking is hard to beat.

Check Craigslist and Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by turboshelbys View Post
    Hey Brother,

I am an New Englander now, anything I can do to help?
    Have to get you and the family over for dinner!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Going vertical gives you a ton of 'extra' space if thee is such a thing. Nice work My problem now is the old 'now what did I do with that part'? Out of site out of mind in my shop. I suppose I should label every box BEFORE it ends up 10' overhead

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    I suppose I should label every box BEFORE it ends up 10' overhead
    I do inventory sheets for each bin and each bin has "like items" in it.

The bulk of them are all for the Darts assembly.

Rust repair done on the truck today along with some oil leaks fixed on the Duster and carb tuning.

Finally tally on truck: Replaced rockers on both sides, patched a corner of the cab, wire brushed the frame, coated with Por-15, undercoated, replaced the fuel tank straps and filler neck (one strap broke!) LOF, replaced axle fill plug (leaking) serviced the trans and did a shift kit. The bottom of the pan was MINT! Shifting with care while towing pays off.

Shift kit feels fairly mild but I did not raise the line pressure much as it is an 46RE which can get fussy about raised line pressure, followed the directions to the letter. I do notice that lockup is firmer, went big on that setting. Just the thing for towing. I threw in a quart of Lucas trans additive which is suppose to mellow shifts out along with treating seals, might be working against the shift kit but the stuff rocks for old transmissions. I'm sure it will be fine.

Garage: Installing 200,000 BTU oil furnace. 80% and functional! Tank and controls done as is some rough duct work and stovepipe. Need to finalize stove pipe bracing and wait for brother-in-law to come over and do some tin work. Thing puts out wicked heat.

House: Woke up this morning to find the smoke came out the well pump. 3 hours later new heavy duty well pump installed, no big box store item here. FW Webb for the win! It seems to never end...

Furnace is 100% aside from some minor duct work!

Rampage was on the lift this week, oil leaks repaired.

GTX is next I think.

Sheesh, you are so productive, Trump should give you a call.

As for storage, inventory sheets for me are sharpie notes on two sides and the top of the box. Sometimes a 3x5 card.
    John Laing

-- Alexis de Tocqueville

--Ayn Rand

Name:	DSCN9924.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	119.7 KB 
ID:	59847Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN9921.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	148.0 KB 
ID:	59848
    Quote Originally Posted by johnl View Post
    Sheesh, you are so productive, Trump should give you a call.
    I REALLY want to go racing next year and less busting my arse. The sooner I get everything settled to a dull roar the better.

Thought my stovepipe for the furnace came out pretty good. The ad hoc ductwork cracks me up but it works. Brother in law works in HVAC industry and is coming over with something a tad more permanent when he gets a free moment.

As for storage, inventory sheets for me are sharpie notes on two sides and the top of the box. Sometimes a 3x5 card.
    Depending on what it is (project or long term) could be nothing but a sheet on the cork board in the shop or just a digital picture of the contents of a bin in a folder on my computer. I find that works out great when I'm wondering where something is at 3AM in the morning..

Todays project- Need to do a minor rejet of the Duster's carb on the primary side, close but still lean. Then musical chairs to put the GTX on the lift and start swapping out the headers, oil pan, trans pan and torque converter.

Once the GTX is done, which really should only take a few days.. looking to dust off a drivetrain to put in the CSX for the Reliant.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor jonnymopar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mopar-tech
    ...to put in the CSX for the Reliant.
    Not sure I follow. Are you using the CSX as a test bed, then transplanting into the Reliant?
    Jon J.

1989 Daytona ES 2.4L DOHC
    2003 Neon SXT - gone but never forgotten

If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

and what are you doing up at 4:38 in the morning

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast