Thread: Chris Greenhouse *magnifique* at Rallye de Charlevoix, takes the win in 2WD

Garrett booster

Cool Chris Greenhouse *magnifique* at Rallye de Charlevoix, takes the win in 2WD

Chris Greenhouse *magnifique* at Rallye de Charlevoix, takes the win in 2WD

photo courtesy of Benoît Nicolas Photographe

Cincinnati Ohio USA: Chris Greenhouse put in a stellar drive at Rallye de Charlevoix in La Malbaie, Quebec, Canada and took another 2WD win with Columbus, Ohio-based codriver Ryan Scott calling the pace notes. The duo led the 2WD class from start to finish and ended the rally in 3rd place overall in their Dodge Neon SRT4. The mixed-surface rally had a few pure tarmac stages, combined gravel and tarmac stages, and some of the longest gravel stages in North America including the challenging 35.1 kilometer Bataram stage. This was the first time that either of them had competed at Rallye de Charlevoix, and this rally was under observation for inclusion in next year's CRC National Championship.

"The Dodge Neon SRT4 performed flawlessly on both the tarmac and gravel stages over the weekend," Chris said after the event. "The crew was tasked with making a lot of changes in service due to the mixed surfaces of the rally and they performed quite well. We did have a small scare near the end of the event. We put a small crack in the oil pan on a jump earlier in the rally, and we only noticed it right before the start of Stage 10. We were leaking oil for the last 2 stages, but we kept adding oil and made it to the finish in 1st place in the Jon Nichols Cup. I couldn't be happier with our performance at Rallye de Charlevoix"

The team scored an impressive 3rd place overall finish against a large number of turbocharged all-wheel-drive cars. Chris also tied Steeve Hobbs for a stage win on the the all-tarmac La Malbaie 2 stage which ran right through the middle of the city of La Malbaie.

Ryan Scott was pleased with the team's performance at the event. "Chris did a very good job of preventing damage on stages that presented a lot of opportunites for disaster. These stages had a lot of large rocks on the edges and a lot of tricky corners. There weren't many good places for cutting. Credit has to go to Simon Dubé who put in a very good drive and pressured us all day. But Chris kept a good balance between being cautious and pushing hard, and it put us on the overall podium. What a great finish of a great rally!"

Chris and his team would like to thank the following:

A1CVTech www.a1cvtech.com

Rallysport.ca www.rallysport.ca

KW Suspension www.kw-suspension.com/us

Maddog Short Throw Shifters www.maddogsts.com

JayRacing www.jayracing.com

Angry Sheep Motorsports www.angrysheepmotorsports.com

Racers Edge 411 www.racersedge411.com

MotoDecals.com www.motodecals.com

Silco Fire and Security www.silcofs.com

Nameless Performance www.namelessperformance.com

turbo addict

Re: Chris Greenhouse *magnifique* at Rallye de Charlevoix, takes the win in 2WD

Would love to see a few pictures of your axles installed. Our stock stuff apparently fails even in a lemons race.
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    Would love to see a few pictures of your axles installed. Our stock stuff apparently fails even in a lemons race.
    are you using stock MOPAR or parts store axles? I have had very poor results with the cheap chinese ones, they generally break after about 30-50 miles of off road rally use. Mopar ones lasted longer but still aren't quite robust enough for what we do.

on the left is a stock mopar axle, on the right is a custom axle built by A1CVTech in Gatineau QC Canada for our SRT4.

left is Mopar, right is A1CVtech.

the larger diameter axle has produced one little difficulty for us. We don't normally run a front sway bar, but when we did, we had a hard time getting it to fit, we had to cut down the sway bar end link bushings to make it fit without dragging on the CV Shaft. I'm not home until this weekend, I'll try to get some of them installed on the car.

Garrett booster

doesn't get any more "point-of-view" than this:

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

Way To Go !! I love watching Rally.. it's usually my high-lite on my vacations when I go to Sao Miguel,Azores to visit family and watch the Rally of Azores while I'm there.
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
    Way To Go !! I love watching Rally.. it's usually my high-lite on my vacations when I go to Sao Miguel,Azores to visit family and watch the Rally of Azores while I'm there.
    So I take it you've seen the "volcano" stage there? #jealous

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y3fkCxPBPc" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">

Here's Craig Breen going flat out in the Peugeot

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Congratulations. Nice axle. More balls and a big stick. LOL
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greenhouse View Post
    So I take it you've seen the "volcano" stage there? #jealous

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y3fkCxPBPc" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">

Here's Craig Breen going flat out in the Peugeot
    yes I remember that stage, it's the Sete Cidades stage ( seven cities ). Much respect for those guys ! it's a long way down if they go off course !!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0630.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	485.3 KB 
ID:	57188
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

boostaholic

3rd overall, very impressive, go Mopar.

Garrett booster

photo by Sabrina Barriault

photo by Virage Multimedia

photo by Mélaníe Drolet

Julie Daillard

photo by Kristopher Sieb