Thread: 86 D600 2.2 turbo intermediate shaft pn 5212958

Question 86 D600 2.2 turbo intermediate shaft pn 5212958

While driving today on a rolling start the intermediate shaft splines stripped out. This was not under wot or agresive driving.

I've called all the local and some national parts dealers as well as checked with local pick n pull.

Can't find a shaft.

Anyone out there know where to find one?

Thanks.

P.S. I could use a windshield for an 86 600es 2.2 convertible as well.

Hybrid booster

Re: 86 D600 2.2 turbo intermediate shaft pn 5212958

I'd assume you are referring to the intermediate shaft that drives the distributor?
    Not sure where you are in Florida, but if you want to pull the one out of my parts car, it's yours for free.

Edit:

Upon investigation into the part number, I realize you were referring to the intermediate half shaft. Nevermind

Correct. Sorry for not being more detailed. This is the shaft from the transmission to the CV. My Trans is fine as is the cv.

turbo addict

Easiest way to fix that is to install a one-piece, aka long, CV shaft for the passenger side. Chances are the splines on the CV shaft are destroyed as well. Been there, done that searching to find one years ago when I didn't realize that a long shaft would work. Just pick one up for the non-turbo 2.2 car with the same transmission and you'll be back in business.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by 86Shelby View Post
    Easiest way to fix that is to install a one-piece, aka long, CV shaft for the passenger side. Chances are the splines on the CV shaft are destroyed as well. Been there, done that searching to find one years ago when I didn't realize that a long shaft would work. Just pick one up for the non-turbo 2.2 car with the same transmission and you'll be back in business.

+1. The intermediate shafts are becoming un-obtainium. Most of the go fast guys eliminated them years ago and went with the N/A unequal length setup. Less hassle, and less chance of breakage... Truth is, there isn't much difference in torque steer either...