Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: battery / ambient air temp scale

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

Re: battery / ambient air temp scale

Quote Originally Posted by mopar-tech View Post
    Joe have you had your CSX on the scales?

I'm trying to make an educated guess on what mine will run this weekend but need more data.
    yes but it will weigh more than yours cause i'm running a T3 with an oil cooler and a water/air cooler, and my header is kinda big so it weighs a bit, but all said and done it comes in full interior and 1/2 tank of gas at 2700 in real street weight, plus the driver obviously.
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    joe - are you using the cal option to use your wideband instead of your narrow? it would be interesting to see your AFR on your logs.

the log you sent me only has the Coolant temp on it, not the charge temp or ambient air temp.
    you will have a new best friend if you tell me how to do that..lol and yes for temp all I had was the engine coolant temp on that run. So what one exactly to tell me the intake temp do I want? Chgvlt or ambvlt ?
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

joe - the boost gauge in vacuum reads different then what you are expecting because it is showing psi in vacuum. you probably want to switch the vacuum to InHg. so you need to edit the gauge by setting the following for the lower break point items:

value: 0
    units: InHg
    multiplier: -2.036254 (make sure you include the negative sign)
    I changed the units to InHg, I changed the low value multiplier to -2.036254

but where is Value? I tried lower break point format from #0 to just 0 instead but nothing changed
    Edit: ok nevermind I found it, lower break point from -99999 changed to 0 and now its good, thanks
    Turbo Joe

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor mopar-tech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
    yes but it will weigh more than yours cause i'm running a T3 with an oil cooler and a water/air cooler, and my header is kinda big so it weighs a bit, but all said and done it comes in full interior and 1/2 tank of gas at 2700 in real street weight, plus the driver obviously.
    I'm using 2800 with driver so I'm in the ballpark, the Daytona was 3100 on the scales with driver

Working on clearing the decks.

Quote Originally Posted by mopar-tech View Post
    I'm using 2800 with driver so I'm in the ballpark, the Daytona was 3100 on the scales with driver
    well if memory serves me right, waaayy back when, when Gus was around and Herb I think was the Pres. when we used to meet at NED on Wed. for club meets I scaled my still stock csx and i think it scaled like 2500 or so without the driver..
    Turbo Joe

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
    you will have a new best friend if you tell me how to do that..lol and yes for temp all I had was the engine coolant temp on that run. So what one exactly to tell me the intake temp do I want? Chgvlt or ambvlt ?
    log both of them for me so i can see what values are coming back. i need to look at the cal assembly file to see what ram locations are where. then i can figure out how to convert the volts to temps if possible. rob L posted on how to set your wideband up. others are already doing it so maybe they will jump in. basically run the analog out from your wideband into the ecu narrowband and then make some cal changes.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

log both of them for me so i can see what values are coming back. i need to look at the cal assembly file to see what ram locations are where. then i can figure out how to convert the volts to temps if possible. rob L posted on how to set your wideband up. others are already doing it so maybe they will jump in. basically run the analog out from your wideband into the ecu narrowband and then make some cal changes.
    I have the wideband feeding the sbec thru the 0-1v output from the wideband but I do have a 0-5v that I can use instead. I'll go looking for that post on what to convert so the O2 reads 5v
    Turbo Joe

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

actually, once you set that up and set your min/max readings for the wideband, you can just select the afrwb gauge and it will display the AFR ratio vs voltage.

take a look at this thread: http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...=1#post1044971
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

actually, once you set that up and set your min/max readings for the wideband, you can just select the afrwb gauge and it will display the AFR ratio vs voltage.

take a look at this thread: http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...=1#post1044971
    i'm at a stand still with this. I spent all last night going thru everything and reading posts on this and rob said he had it working in a sbec and smec and today he said that it's not in the T3 code yet.. i'm thinking it won't work with T3's yet since there is no way to tell the cal to use different values for O2 signal.
    Turbo Joe

Ok confirmation from Rob, the T3's aren't ready for this feature yet.. I'll keep my set-up as is for now since it works perfectly.
    Turbo Joe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12