Thread: Swirl Head Porting for the first time and head casting defect

Threaded View

Hybrid booster

Smile Swirl Head Porting for the first time and head casting defect

Hey guys. The current head on my van has a valve seat that drops every once in a while, so I am preparing to put a new head on. I have a spare swirl turbo head that is a non-oem unit with the non-magnetic exhaust valves. In photo one there is a casting error in the bowl. It doesn't touch the fire ring area, what do you guys think? Anything this may cause? Second photo is where i smoothed out the flaw. Third photo is me taking a shot at mildly de-shrouding the valves with a carbide bur (It's mild as I don't want to reduce the compression much). I made some sheet metal pieces that covered the valves and also used a scribe to be sure the deshrouding is all the same distance outwards. I still need to smooth it out with sanding rolls. Feel free to tell me if I did anything wrong. I will do the same to the other 3 chambers, and then turn my attention to the runners. For that I will take the valves/ seals out.

Last edited by jefo; 10-11-2015 at 10:59 PM.