Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rossion

Re: Rossion

I don't remember seeing any when I was there but that was a year ago.

Hybrid booster

I found one on my last visit, it was damaged, but it was the only piece I could find. So we grabbed it.

Hybrid booster

I am going by on Friday morning. Any specific items anyone needs let me know.

Garrett booster

Polopharm, I assume you'll be picking up that aluminum subframe for Dave, if he can't get them to ship it. If you do, could you post up dimensions of the tubes? I've been looking at making a lighter sub-frame, before I knew that one existed.

Hybrid booster

I'd also be interested in what ( if any ) the differences are between the steel and aluminum subframes. Specifically if the aluminum one has more supports or gussets or larger tubing. Take lots of pics and measurements.

Hybrid booster

If Polo doesn't measure it, I can take measurements after I get it home. I also have a steel frame to compare to. Will document the differences.
    Thankfully, Corey got back to me, and will have a shipping quote monday.

Hybrid booster

It was packed when I was there. So no measurement. But I have a lot of good news from my time there today. Details to follow.

Hybrid booster

I spent 5 plus hours at rossion on friday. I got a much better read on things.
    When they told me last week that they were going to "toss all the junk" - they meant the junk like the old empty parts bins, the restaurant equipment etc. Not the car parts!
    They do not intend to toss out anymore gtp parts.
    In fact they are very fond of the cars , and kind of include them in the rossion family of cars along with the noble and the mt900.
    In fact the head body guy told me he wants to build himself a brand new gtp out of full exposed carbon fiber- that would be wild.

Anyway they also said people with specific parts needs can call Corey in parts and he will attempt to find parts and will ship them out. ( he is a bit limited by the fact that he doesn't know the in's n out's of the cars)

All in all a very positive trip. I am going to join them as a guest at there next track day at PBIR, once my car is up and running.

Hybrid booster

Glad to hear the visit went well.

Hybrid booster

Ps did they send out your subframe?

Hybrid booster

While there I picked up 2 full carbon series 1 engine covers - they are unfinished, the body guy at rossion is going to do the finish work on them. They are much lighter then the one on my car now which I think are a mix of fiberglass and carbon.
    Also got some cool headlight covers from the Mosler WCS race cars for use as wall art.

I think I have a good handle on what's there now. If you have questions let me know.

Hybrid booster

Corey said he would have a shipping quote for me on Monday. So, I hope it can go out this week.

turbo addict

series 1 engine covers
    Really? Not looking right, not for a full engine cover for a series one.
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Hybrid booster

Not sure I understand your post

turbo addict

I am saying those are not Consulier engine covers.
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Hybrid booster

Oh , yeah. In my post it says - they are headlight covers from a mosler wsc race car. They are going up on the wall.

turbo addict

OH...okay.

Garrett booster

Keep me posted I would like to go to PBIR with you guys….#44 is running fine..

Quote Originally Posted by polopharm View Post
    I spent 5 plus hours at rossion on friday. I got a much better read on things.
    When they told me last week that they were going to "toss all the junk" - they meant the junk like the old empty parts bins, the restaurant equipment etc. Not the car parts!
    They do not intend to toss out anymore gtp parts.
    In fact they are very fond of the cars , and kind of include them in the rossion family of cars along with the noble and the mt900.
    In fact the head body guy told me he wants to build himself a brand new gtp out of full exposed carbon fiber- that would be wild.

Anyway they also said people with specific parts needs can call Corey in parts and he will attempt to find parts and will ship them out. ( he is a bit limited by the fact that he doesn't know the in's n out's of the cars)

All in all a very positive trip. I am going to join them as a guest at there next track day at PBIR, once my car is up and running.

Hybrid booster

Will keep you posted about pbir , going back up tomorrow, need to find an engine wiring harness to extend mine.
    If I don't find one this is what I am looking for. Going to tidy up wiring , and moved ecu to area behind the engine compartment, the weird useless rear trunk thing.

Will also check that stuff got shipped out.

Did anyone buy a NOS engine n tranny from these guys , if so how much was it ?

Thanks.

Garrett booster

Mine was $700, with axles, subframe, lower control arms, spindles, and one brake rotor.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast