Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who here is the A413 Guru?

Garrett booster

Re: Who here is the A413 Guru?

The problem we run into is people don't get in on the parts when were developing them and I don't have the money to put up for extras since were not a shop and we do this for fun. So for the most part all the parts are spoken for, there always can be another batch if there is enough interest.

Alto seemed to have no interest in anything for these transmissions when I talked to them at PRI. I'm sure if we bought a big batch they would.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    We still tear high gear clutches every now and then its been forever since I tore a band up. We are pushing 1100-1200hp through it though, I never weld the bands and I un 180-200psi line pressure.
    The problem we run into is people don't get in on the parts when were developing them and I don't have the money to put up for extras since were not a shop and we do this for fun. So for the most part all the parts are spoken for, there always can be another batch if there is enough interest.

Alto seemed to have no interest in anything for these transmissions when I talked to them at PRI. I'm sure if we bought a big batch they would.
    I went through basically all your posts the last few days and I didn't get a hint of this. I had a hope I could buy a few things but after rereading I realized there are zero upgrade parts available for the 31te. Has a single thing ever been posted prior to being unavailable? Nobody here is a heads up class racer, and we only have two active guys who have ever even done stockish type brackets (both do it obsessively though). People here are out for the glory and fun. The old men want to go fast without fixing things as often.
    Having to do group buys just to keep using something is a terrible state of affairs.
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    I went through basically all your posts the last few days and I didn't get a hint of this. I had a hope I could buy a few things but after rereading I realized there are zero upgrade parts available for the 31te. Has a single thing ever been posted prior to being unavailable? Nobody here is a heads up class racer, and we only have two active guys who have ever even done stockish type brackets (both do it obsessively though). People here are out for the glory and fun. The old men want to go fast without fixing things as often.
    Having to do group buys just to keep using something is a terrible state of affairs.
    I have some items, but there are no ring&pinions/transfer gears left. You would have to buy the ring and pinion/transfer gear together since it's a larger pinion shaft it would run $2300. I'll make sure I post up once the 904 designed forward drums are ready to start machining.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

I have some items, but there are no ring&pinions/transfer gears left. You would have to buy the ring and pinion/transfer gear together since it's a larger pinion shaft it would run $2300. I'll make sure I post up once the 904 designed forward drums are ready to start machining.
    So they are not available but $2300 would have been cost? Ideas on the drum cost?
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

Garrett booster

I'm trying to get another batch together here soon on the ring/pinion and transfer gears hear soon. The drums I do not have price together just yet.

o

boostaholic

I know this thread is old but I'm looking for transmission parts as I would like to rebuild my spare. Has anyone tried http://www.makcotransmissionparts.com ? They seem to list most everything needed but I'm not sure of the quality.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Stick with name brand frictions and steels. The rest of it is usually 'ok' as there are really only maybe 1-2 companies that make a lot of it. Avoid the no name white box Chinese specials
    1994 Shadow Sedan. 2.2 N/A, A568 400,000 miles. "the science experiment"
    1987 Shelby CSX #418. Long term rebuild and restore ?

I have had good service from these companies......https://www.transpartsonline.com/ and http://www.transmissionpartsusa.com/ for bands I buy from these........http://transmissionbands.com/

Ive had no dealings with Makco.
    best 1/8 ET-6.16 sec. best 1/8 speed-119.70 Best 1/4 MPH 145.5, Best 1/4 ET 9.65 sec. 8 valve NO NITROUS!!

boostaholic

Thanks guys. There's so much transmission information out there it's kind of hard to sort through it all. So I was looking at the master rebuild kit and then to do the 5 clutch front drum I need one a404 steel a extra 413 friction a snap ring correct?

Most kits now contain the thin metal "flex" kick-down band, DONT use that style for anything other than a stock rebuild. You will rip the strut right off the thin band backing.
    You want the original thick rigid style kickdown band.
    if you use 404 steels, and the thinnest snap ring, you can fit 6 clutch discs in the front drum. just mix and match till you have the clearance you want.
    best 1/8 ET-6.16 sec. best 1/8 speed-119.70 Best 1/4 MPH 145.5, Best 1/4 ET 9.65 sec. 8 valve NO NITROUS!!

boostaholic

Thanks warren for clearing up some questions I had.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor rdnoel86's Avatar

There was a recent group buy of transfer gears, ring and pinions, planetarys, pinion supports and output shafts. The prices are not for the faint of heart, but there may be extras of each made..

turbo addict

following along.....

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rdnoel86 View Post
    There was a recent group buy of transfer gears, ring and pinions, planetarys, pinion supports and output shafts. The prices are not for the faint of heart, but there may be extras of each made..
    Do you have the link? I'm just curious for more info and the pics.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Hybrid booster

same here i would be interested

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor A.J.'s Avatar

I'm also interested.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Here's a link to one of the threads: http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ars&highlight=

Do a search for username "Boots" and you'll see the others. Very nice indeed!

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

I remember seeing that one, but there was no mention of a group buy.
    I'd like to know exactly what power level the average this becomes necessary. Of course, i could wait to find out the hard way, but I'm a pre-planner!
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor A.J.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    I remember seeing that one, but there was no mention of a group buy.
    I'd like to know exactly what power level the average this becomes necessary. Of course, i could wait to find out the hard way, but I'm a pre-planner!
    For me, so far at 360 hp/460 ft/lbs torque, I've broken 3 transmission cases, I think do to the fact I was welding in supports. I stopped doing that and haven't broken any since. I broke 1 input shaft which in turn took out my torque converter. I wasn't racing, just driving on the street but I'm sure racing had something to do with it. I broke an intermediate shaft u-joint and since then went to un-equal length CV shafts. On the rear sun gear, the thrust washer that spaces out the rear planetary from the sun gear dug into the sun gear making me have to replace it. I also broke a pinion/transfer gear shaft but that was on the street and pre 2.4 night horse power: http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ion&highlight=

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor rdnoel86's Avatar

There wasn't a group buy mentioned here. You sort of have to follow some Neon Facebook pages to see them. I didn't even see the last one, a guy I know gave me the last minute heads up on it.

Are you using the 904 input shaft? That is tops on my list of 413 upgrades. 904 300m input shaft and have your converter modified to accept it. Pretty indestructible.

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    For me, so far at 360 hp/460 ft/lbs torque, I've broken 3 transmission cases, I think do to the fact I was welding in supports. I stopped doing that and haven't broken any since. I broke 1 input shaft which in turn took out my torque converter. I wasn't racing, just driving on the street but I'm sure racing had something to do with it. I broke an intermediate shaft u-joint and since then went to un-equal length CV shafts. On the rear sun gear, the thrust washer that spaces out the rear planetary from the sun gear dug into the sun gear making me have to replace it. I also broke a pinion/transfer gear shaft but that was on the street and pre 2.4 night horse power: http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ion&highlight=

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast