Thread: 94 Duster Brake Conversion ????

Garrett booster

94 Duster Brake Conversion ????

Does anybody know if the 4 wheel disc brake setup off a 91 Spirit R/T will fit the spindles of a 1994 Sundance ????

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: 94 Duster Brake Conversion ????

The fronts should bolt right on. I always forget if the rear spindles are different between the disk and drum brake cars, but I don't think they are. Regardless, everything will bolt right onto your trailing arm.

- - - Updated - - -

ETA: If it were me I would go 11" in the front and stick with the solid disks or even drums in the rear. IMO the 11" vented rears are just added weight to drag around.

- - - Updated - - -

ETA: If it were me I would go 11" in the front and stick with the solid disks or even drums in the rear. IMO the 11" vented rears are just added weight to drag around.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    The fronts should bolt right on. I always forget if the rear spindles are different between the disk and drum brake cars, but I don't think they are. Regardless, everything will bolt right onto your trailing arm.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Thank You, I like options. So what your saying is if I get the spindles with all the hardware I should have no problem ?

Would that include any Chry. front wheel drive car that has rear discs ?

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by duster94 View Post
    Thank You, I like options. So what your saying is if I get the spindles with all the hardware I should have no problem ?

Would that include any Chry. front wheel drive car that has rear discs ?
    You should be fine with any of the "K" based cars. Chrysler was really good at keeping stuff the same on the rears.

Quote Originally Posted by 83scamp View Post
    You should be fine with any of the "K" based cars. Chrysler was really good at keeping stuff the same on the rears.

Yep. And if you don't mind doing a little work or dropping stuff off at the machine shop, you can use the Neon or PT rears. Jon Trotter even has LHS rear brakes on his GLHS for the different bolt pattern.

Garrett booster

Thank You. I like KNOWLEGE .

Garrett booster

When you say 11 inch up front, is that after market or can that be found on one of the other front wheel drive CHRY. CARS ???

The 89 TII cars and the 91+ R/T cars came with 11.25" vented disks on all four corners. The later ones are preferable for suspension geometry if you're going to lower the car at all. The earlier ones are a bit lighter.

- - - Updated - - -

I should add that the minivans also received the later style big brakes. They are a different bolt pattern though so you need to make sure you get the right disk. Since your car is a 94 you'll just need to get the later caliper and caliper bracket.

- - - Updated - - -

For further clarification, the 11" brakes have a 60mm piston in the front.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    The 89 TII cars and the 91+ R/T cars came with 11.25" vented disks on all four corners. The later ones are preferable for suspension geometry if you're going to lower the car at all. The earlier ones are a bit lighter.

- - - Updated - - -

I should add that the minivans also received the later style big brakes. They are a different bolt pattern though so you need to make sure you get the right disk. Since your car is a 94 you'll just need to get the later caliper and caliper bracket.

- - - Updated - - -

For further clarification, the 11" brakes have a 60mm piston in the front.
    WOW I am impressed YOU sure know alot of stuff Thank You again

I'm not 100% sure, but I have a good feeling that the brakes off the Sebring will fit. I was looking for a conversion and noticed they were VERY similar to our cars and it wouldn't surprise me if they bolted up to the rear axle. Worth checking.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    I'm not 100% sure, but I have a good feeling that the brakes off the Sebring will fit. I was looking for a conversion and noticed they were VERY similar to our cars and it wouldn't surprise me if they bolted up to the rear axle. Worth checking.
    Thanks I like your valve cover

haha I wish it still looked that shiny.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    haha I wish it still looked that shiny.
    I will take it if you don't like it anymore .LOL!!!!