Thread: TU and turbo oil supply filter

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

TU and turbo oil supply filter

Just wanted to give some kudos for the TU recommended turbo oil supply line filter.
    After a couple thousand miles and more than a dozen runs down the strip, i wanted to inspect my TU oil supply line filter.
    Removed the element and found a few metal bits that would have otherwise traveled to my one-of-a-kind Turbo. I don't know if these bits would have caused damage, but its better that they never got there to find out!
    The screwdriver in the pic is a micro sized one for scale, and if you are familiar with TU's product the element only measures about 2" long.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1440550553938.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	56066

Thanks Chris! Good call on the recommendation, and i would pass that advice on to anyone adding a turbo to an engine rebuild!
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Re: TU and turbo oil supply filter

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    Just wanted to give some kudos for the TU recommended turbo oil supply line filter.
    After a couple thousand miles and more than a dozen runs down the strip, i wanted to inspect my TU oil supply line filter.
    Removed the element and found a few metal bits that would have otherwise traveled to my one-of-a-kind Turbo. I don't know if these bits would have caused damage, but its better that they never got there to find out!
    The screwdriver in the pic is a micro sized one for scale, and if you are familiar with TU's product the element only measures about 2" long.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1440550553938.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	56066

Thanks Chris! Good call on the recommendation, and i would pass that advice on to anyone adding a turbo to an engine rebuild!
    Thanks Wayne and CONGRATULATIONS for your recent personal best. Something tells me it won't be the last we hear about this year as the weather cools off.

Our filter is a real turbo saver especially if there is an engine failure. We are currently putting together an article for the Knowledge Center comparing three of the most popular filters on the market today. Hope to have all the photographs and documentation completed by tomorrow.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----