Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Cecil County Invasion Day! 11/14.

Garrett booster

Re: 2015 Cecil County Invasion Day! 11/14.

Ugh.. that drive really sucked. I could use a shot and a beer to recover from that traffic nightmare. I found out you CAN do 20mph from New Haven to almost Newark. I'm also at the hotel next to Denny's. Looks like the Hemingway brothers are across the hall from us. See everyone at breakfast.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

Cool glad to see you made it I'm beat from that drive too. May go try and say hi to Wayne before I lay down for the night
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by csxt665 View Post
    Ugh.. that drive really sucked. I could use a shot and a beer to recover from that traffic nightmare. I found out you CAN do 20mph from New Haven to almost Newark. I'm also at the hotel next to Denny's. Looks like the Hemingway brothers are across the hall from us. See everyone at breakfast.
    There is a liquor store just across the street from the hotel if it was that bad! And i could offer a pumpkin shock top chaser...
    We are on our way back in a couple mins..
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by csxt665 View Post
    ugh.... that's the last thing I wanted to hear, I am heading to MA in a couple of weeks.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    I'm here at the host hotel, but MeanMini is not. She'll be staying at Brian's to get something sorted out with coolant system.
    So Mike, if someone is in need of a racer admission, i could turn over my spot. Or, if you want to line up Grand Cherokees, we could do that! (Just don't tell my wife!)
    Sorry your van won't be ready. Was looking forward to seeing it run. I'm not racing anything either. I posted on the Facebook page that you had a ticket available.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Garrett booster

Wayne, I'll buy your ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    Wayne...sorry mini won't be there. That sucks! If the racer slot is avail, my brother Dan will take it. He's sitting right here but can't seem to figure out how to log on. :-)
    Pat are you and Dan here?
    Wayne H.

'89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw

What a good time it was yesterday. It is always fun to see everyone again year after year! Nike Gary said to me towards the end of the day, it's like a family reunion. It was a packed house yesterday but the weather was perfect for racing: cool air, warm sun, dry, slight tail wind and a sticky track!

I brought the GRM Shadow out in its latest $1k form. At GRM in Florida, it's best pass was 12.16@111. I pulled the front and rear bars, the passenger seat and made a timing change. First pass 11.98 @ 114.8. Car felt great but was a bit on the lean side. Added some fuel and went back for a second pass and went 11.80 @ ??? (No trap on slip). With no changes other than tire pressure went for a third pass and for the most part, mirrored the second pass with an 11.75 @ 116.

The adventure came on the fourth pass. Rolling up to the burnout box, I noticed a bit of smoke come up from between the fender and hood. In stopped and asked Dave and Craig were close by to check it out. They popped the hood and immediately yelled to turn it off. Turns out the smioke was fuel burning on the exhaust manifold. There was fuel pissing all over. Either the rail cracked or the o-ring at the reg failed. We pushed the car aside and called it a day. I'm very lucky...I was literally the next car up And would not have been happy crossing the line at 115 mph on fire.

All in all, a great time was had by all. For those that weren't able to make it, try together out there next year. It's worth the trip. And thanks to Mike Marra for the work he did pushing this out to the TM community!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	738.2 KB 
ID:	56762  

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor mopar-tech's Avatar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN8883_C.jpg 
Size:	279.5 KB 
ID:	56763Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN8863_C.jpg 
Size:	152.6 KB 
ID:	56764Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN8868_C.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	117.9 KB 
ID:	56765Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN8871_C.jpg 
Size:	184.2 KB 
ID:	56766Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jon_and_gary.jpeg 
Views:	83 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	56767

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    What a good time it was yesterday. It is always fun to see everyone again year after year! Like Gary said to me towards the end of the day, it's like a family reunion. It was a packed house yesterday but the weather was perfect for racing: cool air, warm sun, dry, slight tail wind and a sticky track
    It was a fine day indeed Pat, I can't imagine a better group of people to be about for the day.

I'm very lucky...I was literally the next car up And would not have been happy crossing the line at 115 mph on fire.
    Satan's car II; the firey boogaloo!

Must be a Shadow thing, glad it did not get out of hand!

And thanks to Mike Marra for the work he did pushing this out to the TM community!
    Mike did a great job, three cheers for Mike! We consumed a bag of Swedish Fish in his honor on the way home.

As soon as the boys are up I'll see what pictures they have on their phones.

Gary

Working on clearing the decks.

Video I shot of Brian's car.

Hats off to everyone who made it out, to race or just to visit and spectate. As it turned out, i was in the latter group. But even though it was a bit disappointing to not run, i made the best of it by enjoying visiting with folks and having no pressure to race and try to focus. Being from NC now, it was a bit more surprising how cold it felt with the wind. I didn't get much video because i was just too cold and shaky. I did get Pat's second run, the 11.80 (board had displyed like 25 mph for your trap for some reason).
    https://youtu.be/VmtDvdZirBI

Also got Dan's run in the volvo.
    That magic of Cecil, everyone just seems to go fast. And Dan surprised us with that 8.96 pass!
    https://youtu.be/Yix7PJHjxNc

Sorry the videos are crappy. Having bad video is almost worse than no video.

Very enjoyable time. As Pat said, consider planning and attending next year.
    We saw a race between TWO 5spd turbo minivans, we saw new records being set, we saw more mustangs than i care to remember, and alot of them were very fast. We saw Gary's CSX surprise us all by running in the 12's. We saw Brian work down his times all day long to his spectacular new ET record last run of the day.
    It was a really good time.
    Already looking forward to next year!
    Last edited by wheming; 11-15-2015 at 10:53 AM.
    Wayne H.

turbo addict

Great time seeing everyone....I'm now motivated to get the GLHS into the 10's and likely keeping the GTP as well. How could I ever let that car go ?

Congrats to all the racers who set personal bests !
    See most of you at the Christmas Party.

Thanks for the video Wayne, I have the in car video of that run, being that was my first run. I was battling the cold on street tires trying all I could to get that car down the track. Still had a good time hanging out with everyone when I wasn't going crazy trying to get my car set up. My best ET of that day was 13.2 best mph 114. I will upload my video I have. Gotta remember to charge my gopro BEFORE race day 😡
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

wow youtube says they except avi files but they won't process so I had to convert the file format.. sorry it took so long
    https://youtu.be/nUWkQYuWUyc
    Turbo Joe

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Box-G1W-...dash+cam+1080p

Wayne- Here is the dash camera I was using. 1080P recording with great sound. $59 shipped

Slap a 32 gig micro-sd card in it and you have 14 hours of recording.

The videos I uploaded to Youtube are actually downsampled to 720 for faster uploads, the quality is superb.

Gary

boostaholic

I had a great time yesterday and was good to see you all again.I made the quickest minivan pass in history with a 3.86!woohoo.Seriously something blew through the lights which really sucked cause it was my 13 sec pass.First pass was a 14.01@96.im stoked and that was fastest pass for day.Myself and Seth probally made the qucikest side by side minivan pass in history.I had alot of fun but on way back we decided to stop at Pittsburgh Raceway Park.First pass 14.07 1.85 60',next pass 14.04 1.86 60 '.by now im getting very frustated.3rd pass we remove passenger seat.Boom! 1.91 60' 13.92@94.Finally 2 tracks in 2 days it finally does it.I cant thank gearhead24-7 enough for the help,lending me the trailer and my bitching about not running 13's enough.The wind was so bad today and i think van would have gone faster.it was so bad it almost blew me into the other lane.

Great to hear Craig! I know you've had some issues with the van over the last couple of seasons, glad diligence and patience has paid off.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Question for Mike Marra- I see a number of people on the starting line with high end cameras, was there a pro shooting and selling pictures?

I did send Bill an e-mail inquiring about the matter.
    Last edited by mopar-tech; 11-16-2015 at 02:15 PM.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mopar-tech View Post
    Question for Mike Marra- I see a number of people on the starting line with high end cameras, was there a pro shooting and selling pictures?

I did send Bill an e-mail inquiring about the matter.
    Yup there were some photographers. I added you to the facebook group of the event organizers. Looks like a lot of the pics and videos are getting thrown up there.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

mike got a link or something for that? my gopro only lasted 1 1/2 runs till the battery died..( forgot to charge it ) so i'm looking for pics or vids of my car
    Turbo Joe

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast