Thread: Hemmings Find of the Day – 1987 Shelby Charger GLHS

Hybrid booster

Hemmings Find of the Day – 1987 Shelby Charger GLHS

'88 Lebaron convertible. RWD 408/A500/8.75" 466hp/511tq. First pass coming soon.... '05 Magnum R/T. 13.79@102 Member SWPA-SDAC. The Steel city chapter.

Mitsu booster

Re: Hemmings Find of the Day – 1987 Shelby Charger GLHS

Beat me to it. I just noticed the same article and was about to post the link. Always get a kick out of the comment section when one of our cars is featured. Someone in the comment section mentioned they had an SVO Mustang which was never beaten by a FWD/Turbo Mopar. While I always did like that car, the quarter mile times that I seem to recall were in the 15+ range.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

It's curious how the V8 guys rationalize and forget how bad their cars were "back in the day."
    I made a comment.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Gcalv View Post
    Beat me to it. I just noticed the same article and was about to post the link. Always get a kick out of the comment section when one of our cars is featured. Someone in the comment section mentioned they had an SVO Mustang which was never beaten by a FWD/Turbo Mopar. While I always did like that car, the quarter mile times that I seem to recall were in the 15+ range.

Having owned an SVO, I can say stock for stock a glhs would beat it, but the SVO's weight ratio for it's time was damn near 50/50. The car iirc was designed for the twisties and road track racing.