Thread: 1990 Chrysler Daytona Shelby (EX VNT) AND/OR 1989 Chrysler Daytona CS Comp Pckg (AGS)

Mitsu booster

1990 Chrysler Daytona Shelby (EX VNT) AND/OR 1989 Chrysler Daytona CS Comp Pckg (AGS)

Date: 18th August 2015
    Username: cornflakesglht
    Full Name: Pascal Labelle
    City, State, Zip: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Selling or Wanted Price: 2500 $ (canadian)

Description: Good day.

I need to sell one of my two Daytona's to make room in my driveway.

info on the Black 1990 Daytona Shelby. EX VNT car (1 of 538)
    2.2 Engine
    A568 Transmission (poly shifter bushings)
    I am the 2nd owner.
    Never smoked in.
    Odometer stopped working at 250000 KM in January 2015, stopped driving it in February.

The good :
    New TU turbo lines (needed some custom fittings as the turbo is not a garret and the lines didnt work out)
    Turbo has a Chrysler .63 Hot side, 48 trim cold side if I remember right (got it in an other car I bought). No shaft play, no smoke, running 14 psi right now.
    Cometic Head gasket installed in August of last year when I had to replace the exhaust manifold. It developed a pretty bad exhaust leak and needed replacement. Added those pictures on my 3rd post.
    Has 2.5 Swingvalve, 2.5 downpipe into a 3inch cat converter and a side pipe. Can be seen in the pictures.
    Doors were redone by a repair shop. Got broken into twice about 10 years ago and got tired of it.
    New suspension all around (stock from dealership)
    New balljoints in December 2014
    Front brakes were done in 2014, rear need to be done. Rotors are pretty rusted and pads are getting thin.
    Has solid rear motor mount, poly front mount. New OEM sides.
    Civic Aluminium radiator
    Interior is in great shape. Rear seats are almost perfect. I had someone sit back there maybe 5 times in the last 13 years.
    Passenger seat is also in great condition.
    Driver seat has a small tear in the side bolster, been the same size since I bought it 13 years ago.
    Drive floorboard was fixed. there was a small patch of rust, it was cut, new metal was welded and undercoated under and inside.
    I have the purchase invoice and the build sheet that was located under the driver's carpet.

The bad:
    Rust is shown in the pictures. Only around the rear wheels. Passenger side has a hole as pictured.
    Standard undercarriage surface rust from driving in the winter with salt. On the positive I had the car oil sprayed every year until 2011 so it is still a very solid car.
    Needs a fuel rail, original one is pretty rusted. Does not leak, but I would not take the chance.
    The SRT wheels currently are not on the car. tires were worn out and I was driving it in the winter so the Pumper have Gislaved Nordfrost tires on (2 winters or wear)

The white one: 1989 Chrysler Daytona CS Competition Package (code AGS)
    89 2.2 Common Block, stock turbo
    A555 Transmission
    I do not want to sell it, but I figure it might get the most attention. I would consider trades for it. I need a 4 door because I only have 1 car for the kids so NSRT, CSRT, Lancer Shelby, Spirit R/T would be considered. I do not want a beater, a racecar or a project. Needs to be solid with minimum work like my car is.

The good.
    106000 documented KM.
    3rd owner
    Have purchase invoice and work orders from first owner.
    No rust, NEVER seen winter, UNMOLESTED, UNMODIFIED, ALL ORIGINAL !
    Interior is 9.5/10 (showing wear on the center armrest, few stains on the carpet)
    Getting headliner redone, waiting on fabric to come in Sept 2nd.
    New shift patern insert from Dart340GTS (I think) on here.
    New odometer gears as the odometer stopped working a week after I started driving it, parked it right away to avoid any uncounted milleage.
    Exterior is 9/10, no dings or anything on the front, small chip in the driver side door jam
    New tires(225/50/R16 is the stock size for the AGS), power steering line, front right wheel bearing and axle boot. (all done in June)
    Brakes were done by the first owner just before he sold it. 2nd owner bought it, parked it in his garage and it stayed there for 5 years. He called me up and I bought it.
    All liquids were changed except the coolant. Brakes, PS, motor Oil, windshield fluid, transmission.
    Passed ontario Safety and emissions with flying colors. Again, it is not modified and is all original.

The Bad:

not its original nose. was in a small fender bender in a parking lot and original owner had the nose replaced instead of fixed. no damage anywhere, fenders and hood are perfect, nose missing its red stripe as a result.

The above details are not optional. This is to protect buyers... just put yourself in their shoes.

working on adding pictures, not sure how to do it on here.

Mitsu booster

Re: 1990 Chrysler Daytona Shelby (EX VNT) AND/OR 1989 Chrysler Daytona CS Comp Pckg (

cannot add pictures. says I do not have permission. I uploaded all the pictures in my "garage". If there is a way to add them here I would love to do it.

thanks

Mitsu booster

Re: 1990 Chrysler Daytona Shelby (EX VNT) AND/OR 1989 Chrysler Daytona CS Comp Pckg (

lets see if that works. Those are of the White 89 AGS. Trying to get the 90 Shelby on there.

here are all my pictures of the 89.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...XpZU0RrTTRtVm8

thanks !
    Last edited by cornflakesglht; 08-24-2015 at 03:32 PM.

Mitsu booster

didnt draw any interest.

no longer up for sale. Shelby will become a cube soon. Keeping the AGS.

thanks

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

PM sent.