Thread: 1993 Chrysler Daytona Shelby RT (Dodge Daytona IROC RT)

Garrett booster

1993 Chrysler Daytona Shelby RT (Dodge Daytona IROC RT)

Date: 12th August 2015
    Username: Garffus
    Full Name: Gareth
    City, State, Zip: Cambridge, UK
    Selling or Wanted Price: Reasonable Offers Considered

Description:

93 European export RT (Badged Chrysler Daytona Shelby RT)

Car was ordered in NY by Chrysler Corp. employee for delivery to Belgium where they worked long term. The car was in their ownership until 2007. Car has travelled to many countries with the original owner, including returning to NY in 2004, before being shipped to the UK. In 2007 the original owner ended their time working in Europe and returned the US. He sold the car locally and I bought it 12 months later.

The car has been meticulously mechanically maintained from new. Full history from dealer order to today. Covered 54,000 miles.

Things to note:
    • Head is cracked in the normal spot, not repaired as it doesn't cause me any issue.
    • Lacquer to hood and door window frames shot.
    • Small dent to front left fender and right hand door - both small half inch vertical dents from something knocking the body by the looks of it. Graze to lower left corner of front bumper. Rest of the paint/body is very good.
    • Wheels have light corrosion around rim and could do with refurb to make them perfect.

I'll get the lacquer, dents and wheels sorted over the winter if I still own it.

Options I can think of off the top of my head:

Light Quartz leather, 12 way electric seat, CD changer, illuminated visors, elec mirrors, factory alarm. The car is totally unmodified.

There are a few pictures here - Ralf Scott - pbase please keep in mind these are from 2008, the day I collected the car.

None of the above really matters, however, because if you want a Euro spec top model turbo mopar, you won't find many others!

Also going in the container will be an entire 87z, in pieces, for free!

Please keep in mind the car is in the UK, will need to be shipped and has no American title.

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: 1993 Chrysler Daytona Shelby RT (Dodge Daytona IROC RT)

It would be cool to see on the Wheeler Dealers show

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan H View Post
    It would be cool to see on the Wheeler Dealers show
    They are in California now, I see them at Cars And Coffee sometimes, not sure if they are buying or just looking. I suspect most of their fodder will come from Craigslist.

Bump!

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

turbo addict

Which car does not have an American title? Or is it both the R/T and the Shelby Z?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Out of curiosity, does the RT have AC? Only Daytona's I've ever seen that don't are Canadian/European market cars...

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Garrett booster

Please do not do my car the injustice of suggesting it should go on Wheeler Dealers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    Which car does not have an American title? Or is it both the R/T and the Shelby Z?
    Neither. The RT was first registered in Belgium. I'm not sure if it was registered in NY when it was there in 2004, I suspect not, but I could check.

The Z is there if someone wants to take it with the RT, you may remember reading my project log on it when I was doing the chassis work, sure I remember talking to you... anyway, that is a US car that came here with a USAF serviceman, so it would have had a US title, but I certainly don't have it. I lost heart with that project when all the bespoke running gear was stolen. It has a seam welded chassis with various other strengthening work to the front bulkhead (Firewall?) front cross member, suspension turrets, k-frame mounts etc. I never got to finishing the stiffening work at the back end. Also has a modified/stiffened K-frame which is fully TIG seam welded with stainless and some subtle alterations to improve its rigidity.

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Out of curiosity, does the RT have AC? Only Daytona's I've ever seen that don't are Canadian/European market cars...
    Yes it does!

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Garffus View Post
    The Z is there if someone wants to take it with the RT, you may remember reading my project log on it when I was doing the chassis work, sure I remember talking to you... anyway, that is a US car that came here with a USAF serviceman, so it would have had a US title, but I certainly don't have it. I lost heart with that project when all the bespoke running gear was stolen. It has a seam welded chassis with various other strengthening work to the front bulkhead (Firewall?) front cross member, suspension turrets, k-frame mounts etc. I never got to finishing the stiffening work at the back end. Also has a modified/stiffened K-frame which is fully TIG seam welded with stainless and some subtle alterations to improve its rigidity.
    Oh yeah! I remember that! You put reinforcements all across the firewall, etc. and we were talking about ways to increase the structural rigidity of the chassis. Man, I'm sorry to hear about the stuff being stolen. I know how you feel. (long story, but I lost about $5k worth of TM parts to thieves)

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Turbo224's Avatar

I kind of like those front amber park lights...

~Tyler Larsen~Salt Lake City~
    -92 Daytona R/T (T3/T4 Hybrid, Quaife, etc...)
    -86 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Woody (winter beast)
    -01 Audi TT Quattro (daily driver)
    -71 Plymouth Cuda 440-6pk tribute

Check out my Homepage

Garrett booster

Car was put back into storage yesterday. I can be contacted over the winter. It's likely to be sold here by auction in either April or June 2016 if not.