Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Windows 10

Re: Windows 10

windows 10 sux !,I had to reset my computer to get it going again I mis EX P,never had a problem with xp
    later Dick Westerhof

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor mopar-tech's Avatar

Running XP and Ubuntu in dual boot, XP has been running the original install since 2009.

Slapped in a SSD several weeks ago, what a speed boost!

Working on clearing the decks.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor jonnymopar's Avatar

Still running Windows 7 and Linux Mint Debian Edition 3 on the "evil twin" laptops at home. Both absolutely rock solid. Sucks that there's only a year left of security updates for Windows 7.

I'll say that I'm sort of coming around on Windows 10. I got a new laptop from work: a balls-out Thinkpad workstation. As expected, it's running Windows 10 Pro. I can't say I've had any problems with it. I still think it looks cheesy with the flat window borders, "Settings" is entirely useless compared to the old Control Panel, the Start Menu is specifically designed to kill productivity, etc, etc. But I've spent many many hours working with CAD programs, massive spreadsheets, and other tasks and Windows 10 has been very stable. The Redstone 5 update added some visual items that I tend to like. As for the suck Start Menu, I added this gem: https://www.stardock.com/products/start10/ . The "Modern" option looks brilliant in my opinion.
    Jon J.

1989 Daytona ES 2.4L DOHC
    2003 Neon SXT - gone but never forgotten

If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123