Thread: Maybe some problem with FTDI chips are caused by this?

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Maybe some problem with FTDI chips are caused by this?

This is from last fall, but I have noticed this year that many guys are having trouble with the FTDI cables. Maybe they just need re-programming. If you have trouble with your FTDI cable, please check the PID using the FTProg utility.

http://hackaday.com/2014/10/22/watch...ng-fake-chips/
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Re: Maybe some problem with FTDI chips are caused by this?

Interesting. I'll have to check my cable.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Interesting. I'll have to check my cable.
    hey Jon, you have your cable hooked to the SCI pins on the LM directly right?

did you use the FTProg to invert TX and RX?

I wonder when this really got prevalent. i bought mine from mouser years ago and just really fired it up for the first time the other day.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

I've noticed recently that some cables I set up for customers didn't get recognized when installed. I had to download and install the drivers manually to get them to work. May or may not be related. But, I suspect that it is. I first noticed it over the winter...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    hey Jon, you have your cable hooked to the SCI pins on the LM directly right?

did you use the FTProg to invert TX and RX?

I wonder when this really got prevalent. i bought mine from mouser years ago and just really fired it up for the first time the other day.

Brian
    I know we tried it a couple of different ways. I had some java errors when I tried it one of the ways, so going to get an android tablet from a friend and test the MPScandroid software. If it doesn't connect that way (settings set both ways), I plan to get the cable that Rob sells and hook it up to the Lancer since it's unmolested.

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    I've noticed recently that some cables I set up for customers didn't get recognized when installed. I had to download and install the drivers manually to get them to work. May or may not be related. But, I suspect that it is. I first noticed it over the winter...
    I was able to get mine somewhat to work, meaning it would show it could see the ECU. I always had issues with it actually sending the data though. Mine is still "alive". Does this driver update literally make it invisible to the OS or just inoperable? The difference being that the OS cannot see it when connected vs. seeing it, but not allowing it to function properly.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]