Thread: MPScan logging AFR and ECU parameters with logic module

boostaholic

MPScan logging AFR and ECU parameters with logic module

I feel like I must be missing something here. Is there a way for MPScan to log the data from my LC1 wideband while also logging the ECU parameters, or do I have to use Logworks for the AFR and MPScan for the ECU and then match the data up later? I used to be able to do it all in one place through Logworks with Risen's old Logworks plugin, but some update broke that a while ago I think.

I've got MPScan talking to my LM fairly nicely, although for some reason the RPM reads about half of what it really is, but none of it does me much good if I can't also log the AFR data.

Is there some completely obvious thing I am missing here?

boostaholic

Re: MPScan logging AFR and ECU parameters with logic module

Did you make headway on this idea?

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iangoround View Post
    I feel like I must be missing something here. Is there a way for MPScan to log the data from my LC1 wideband while also logging the ECU parameters, or do I have to use Logworks for the AFR and MPScan for the ECU and then match the data up later? I used to be able to do it all in one place through Logworks with Risen's old Logworks plugin, but some update broke that a while ago I think.

I've got MPScan talking to my LM fairly nicely, although for some reason the RPM reads about half of what it really is, but none of it does me much good if I can't also log the AFR data.

Is there some completely obvious thing I am missing here?
    Just a thought, on the RPM reading 1/2 off, do you have a "divisor" set in the RPM gauge settings? It should be divisor=1

And I'm not familiar with mpscan for LM cars, but for SMEC you can use the WB2NB function in mptune, and then you can log your WBo2 directly with MPScan. But you have to be using a Turbonator based cal.
    If you are just using a stock LM, then you can't do that.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

boostaholic

Zombie thread!

The fix for the RPM thing was somewhere else. I think there eventually was made a logic module specific RPM routine in MPScan. i think the LM counts revs differently or something. I'd have to dig for the answer, but I know it is fixed now.

The WB logging thing doesn't appear to be a thing you can do inside the LM. I thought wowzer was working on a cool interface module to accept extra inputs from a WB or EGT or whatever and provide that data in a stream with SMEC or LM data to MPScan, but I don't know where they are in the development. It's been a while since I've heard anything about it, but I'm also not very active on the forums in the winter when my car is put away.

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    Just a thought, on the RPM reading 1/2 off, do you have a "divisor" set in the RPM gauge settings? It should be divisor=1

And I'm not familiar with mpscan for LM cars, but for SMEC you can use the WB2NB function in mptune, and then you can log your WBo2 directly with MPScan. But you have to be using a Turbonator based cal.
    If you are just using a stock LM, then you can't do that.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

in mpscan you need to use the gauge setting called "RPMLM" iirc. users have reported a strange phenomenon tho that when logging with mpscan on an LM that the idle revs increase which we still haven't figured out exactly why.

don't recall how keith (risen) had it set up so the logworks plugin worked. i'll have to search on that again. **edit** basically, as wayne said you would need to run the 0-5v analog output from the wideband into a 0-5v ecu circuit and log that parameter. the turbonator cals can do that using the existing narrowband o2 circuit and then turning on the option to do the proper conversion.

wayne has been doing all the testing on the device that will log external inputs. the accuracy/stability of the analog reading is not where we think it needs to be so miles is following up on what can be done. i had set it up to use a 20x4 lcd display and joystick (which is what wayne is using), but over the last few weeks have rewritten everything to use a nextion touch display. it's slightly more expensive but simplifies a lot of other things. i've ordered a second screen so i can send it to wayne to test also. i'll try to do a quick video over the next couple weeks to just show everyone where we are at. the programming is done for both the device and the android app. just need to nail down the hardware side.
    Last edited by wowzer; 01-13-2017 at 12:04 PM.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

boostaholic

Zombie thread yes but I used the search function and it popped up with no answers so I thought it bared resurrection.