Thread: 87 Wiring Diagrams O2 Sensor

87 Wiring Diagrams O2 Sensor

Anyone have these? I'm trying to figure out why my O2 seems to be causing my car to run rich all the time. I just ohmed out the 3 wires for the sensor and all of them seemed to be grounded (well, respond), which I know is not right. I thought one was power, one was the signal and one was ground. One had some resistance (around 4.x), may have been the signal wire and the other two went to zero when I tested. Seems the power wire would not respond at all. Diagrams would help. I have 85 and 89.

Thanks!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: 87 Wiring Diagrams O2 Sensor

Here is 87 p body
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	o2sensor diagram.jpg 
Views:	381 
Size:	177.9 KB 
ID:	55714  
    Last edited by chromguy; 07-27-2015 at 10:53 AM.

My spare sensor is 6.3 ohm white to white. Black to white is open, over 40M as per my Fluke 87

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

signal to the LM should be black with a green stripe.

the other two are sensor heater and heater ground. with the key on, one of those wires should have 12v.

i converted mine to a 4 wire for a while but now i just feed the wideband simulated narrowband out to the o2 signal wire at the LM directly. i even cut the wire that feeds the engine bay so it doesnt get melted or weird signals sent to it.

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Thanks guys. Chromguy, the image doesn't work. If you can get it working, I'd appreciate it.

Not sure what is going on. Spoke to Mike Marra about the issue, could be a fuel pressure issue. Basically, it seems to be running rich all the time. Thought the O2 was bad, so replaced it and while I had everything apart I installed a 3" exhaust. Seems to still be running rich, so I was trying to determine if there was something electrical before I worried about the fuel. Going to put a gauge on the rail to see if it's reading stock pressure. But I'll know if the car is running correct once I get the battery installed. Haven't started it since the change below.

I DID find that the ground strap from the fuel rail wasn't connected and only a ground strap to the intake on the bolt closest to the passenger side, right where it normally bolts up. Made that continuous from the rail to the firewall, so hoping that was the issue. Couldn't find any discontinuity on any of the wires, everything looked nice and clean.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Humm, Thanks Minigts for the info about the photo. I upload via ipad and looks great on that device, but on my Linux computer the image is not shown. I have just added the image to my earlier post via my computer.

Got it! Thanks man! By chance, do you have the splice pages as well? I think I'm good with where they go, but just to confirm. I'm with Bucar about the wires and what they do, but reference is what I'm looking for. Thanks again for the help!

I assume you want this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	425 
Size:	172.1 KB 
ID:	55728  
    Last edited by chromguy; 07-28-2015 at 06:11 PM.

I'm assuming I do, too. Same as the last one, before. hehe

Not sure why the attachments have issues on my side

I see them! Thanks again! For what it's worth, the car is running fine now.

Excellent news
    my P body is getting the drums to disks upgrade this week